cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay stands up for crooked seller

Seller makes it impossible to settle and when you try to leave bad feedback so no-one else gets screwed out of 80 dollars... they say they aren't going to post your feedback.

UNFAIR to buyers

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

There is only one way to lose money as a buyer on eBay and that is by not following the eBay MBG rules.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@grandparonham

As for the feedback, sellers do NOT have the choice to post it or not.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The seller doesn't have to settle with you. He can tell you to return for a full refund. And you can take it or leave it. And if he doesn't offer a full refund, you can ask eBay to step in. The problem isn't that eBay protected a crooked seller, it's that you didn't follow the rules somewhere in the process.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

In addition to venting your frustration, which is fine, you would need to provide more details about this transaction before anyone on these boards can pinpoint where things went wrong.  As others have stated, ebay's MBG works well, but you need to know the  procedure, and follow it exactly.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I did try to do it properly and asked for a refund, they said all they could do was send me back $3.00 and I could try to resell the product myself. I said fine if that is all they could do. 

Then they emailed that I could ship it back and they would refund me if I sent it back within 2 weeks. This offer came between pays as I am on a fixed income, I was not getting money till three days after their ultimate post mark date.

So I got screwed out of it and so I tried to leave unsatifactory feedback because I'm out $80.00 and ebay will not let it post to warn other customers. there was no language or other foul content other then the truth.

I think that is wrong and ebay is siding with the seller.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

If the item isn't as described the seller should be paying for shipping.  You shouldn't need to wait on a paycheck to send it back.  

It sounds like you ultimately lost the case because you didn't ship it back in time and if you lost the case that's why feedback was removed.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 7 of 7
latest reply