cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay standard envelope

can anyone fill me in on the accuracy of tracking when using ebay standard envelope?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: ebay standard envelope

I've been using this service for several months and can offer you some of my experience.    I sell stamps.

If you want to follow your orders every step of the  way from you, to the buyer,  This is not the right service for you.     It simply does not work like that.     The tags don't get scanned at each stop like normal USPS tracking.   

For the most part,  it would appear that the items aren't scanned at all (Most of the time) until they reach the USPS local that will be making the delivery.

I see some items getting scanned at the drop off point,   Some scanned along the way,   But this does not happen all the time.

As I said,    The first scan might be when it gets to the last PO or when it gets delivered.    

Anyway,    I spot checked 20 orders I sent out a couple weeks ago over several days.    All 20 orders were scanned at the time of delivery.   

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thanks, I sell coins and just used this for the first time. Coin is mailed and yet no tracking. Thanks for the feedback.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Packing tips for sellers

Here are some tips on packing your items:

• Choose a container that’s slightly larger than your item, so you can cushion it with packing material on all sides.
  • Surround your item with bubble wrap, packing peanuts, foam, or paper (so there’s no room for things to move around).
  • Use clear or brown packaging tape, eBay’s own branded tape, reinforced packing tape, or paper tape, which should be at least 2 inches wide.
  • Don’t use masking tape, cellophane tape, cord, string, or twine.
  • Tape the opening of the box and reinforce all seams and edges.
  • Clearly label the package and include a return address.
  • If you’re reusing a box, cover any previous labels and cross out any previous addresses with a black marker.

How to pack irregularly shaped items

Some things are a little more difficult to ship than others. Here are some ideas for packing irregularly shaped items:

• Metals: tape the address label directly to the item, and cover any sharp or protruding edges with cardboard.
  • Fabric and wallpaper: rolled goods travel best in corrugated boxes. If you ship a fabric roll in a bag, make sure it’s tightly wrapped and taped to avoid tearing.
  • Tires: apply a wide band of pressure-sensitive tape through the center and completely around the body of the tire. Attach the address label to the tape band where it covers the tread, and cover with clear tape.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I think a more important question may be "How effective is the eBay Standard Envelope in delivering sales to buyers?" I would have to say, after 200-250 envelopes, that it is extremely effective for postcards.  Now maybe coins are more troublesome due to their size, shape and inflexibility, but I don't know. So far my ESEs have 100 percent receipt, but not 100 percent marked delivered, and no buyer complaints. Sometimes the "tracking" record is incomplete, but that has not mattered to me yet.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@blue.bird-official 

What does your reply have to do with the OPs question?

Posting these useless replies does not help you sell here, like you guys have been told.

Have a great day.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Why are you cut and pasting packing instructions and tips? The OP asked about tracking no's for standard envelopes.  You're spamming the boards and this is unacceptable.  You are not being helpful at all. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I know this is an old thread, but I'm listing some coins that I will be shipping plastic flips. Does anyone know if it still meets the "standard envelope" to use a padded mailer that meets these size requirements, or to use small pieces of bubble wrap or thin foam packing material to cushion the coin inside of the envelope?

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Specifically, can these eBay paperboard envelopes be used for standard envelope shipping?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256171316683?hash=item3ba50015cb:g:RJcAAOSw3K5heDxg

Message 9 of 9
latest reply