cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay shipping labels provide no Proof of Purchase to Carriers

I wanted to submit a shipping label refund to USPS for an item that arrived damaged. Of course they ask for a receipt, but everything proving I bought the label says "ebay shipping" - not USPS. This does not prove my USPS label was paid for since this can be for any carrier. All Paypal shipping transactions say: ebay shipping, not USPS. Why doesn't ebay provide a receipt that says USPS so we can request a shipping refund? 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

USPS is not going to give you a shipping label refund. The item arrived, which means the label was used. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I’ve never heard of doing that.  Even if usps pays on a damaged insurance claim (big if), they don’t reimburse the used postage.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Not sure about the reason for a refund but my eBay account shows date I purchased, who I purchased Shipping for, the amount of Shipping and the Tracking Number.

In addition to this information I also receive a email receipt for the purchase of the Shipping that shows what was shipped with total cost of shipping plus item cost.

stephenmorgan_14-1703620515177.png

stephenmorgan_1-1703618871738.png

stephenmorgan_11-1703619954608.png

stephenmorgan_12-1703620054419.png

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hello, I need to file a usps priority Mail damage claim but I can’t find proof of label purchase on the eBay site, anyone know how to obtain that to submit a shipping insurance claim?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Hi, where do you locate this in the seller account?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@chach7777 wrote:

Hi, where do you locate this in the seller account?

See if this will get you there.

https://www.ebay.com/ship/labels/seller-hub

Also you can go here to see the Order Details and it shoulld show the Shipping and Tracking Number you paid for.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/ord?filter=status:ALL_ORDERS

Screenshot 2023-12-02 131727.jpg

Message 7 of 7
latest reply