cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay opting me into ebay international shipping (EIS) - how do I opt out?

Ebay just informed me that I will be opted into EIS

I do not use GSP and do not want to use EIS either

as soon as I receive their notice, I want to opt out

where do I go to do that?   

BTW:  why call it opt when I apparently have no 'opt'

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

There is a work around to opt out manually, for those who do not want to sell internationally. when you list your item , go to the section where you can check the tick boxes for countries you want to exclude, and check them all except for North America (USA) and you should eliminate all but maybe Canada and Mexico (as they are North America per se.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

We, like you, got the message on 3/7 and as far as we can tell the forced opt in hasn't happen yet. We will be opting out as soon as we're forced in.

Have you been opted in or are you still waiting?

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

I will gave an example as to why I do not like EIS when I select domestic only.  When I do buy it now in the US, the buyer has to pay immediately. No so with EIS. I just had a $100 listing chosen by a buyer in Ireland and she never paid. eBay siad I had to wait 4 days and then file a did not pay on the platform. The night before the buyer reached out and said because was in Ireland, the shipping was too expensive and she asked me to cancel. Why does this matter? Because the listing came down and I had wait 4 days to find out the buyer wasn't buying. It was a hassle for nothing and took my listing out of the marketplace for 4 days. Also, eBay had a buyer in Nigera purchase an item of mine and the estimated arrival is months out. I will never get a feedback post from any EIS buyers. It is also not clear what happens when a buyer wants to return an item. 

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue discussing this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 19 of 19
latest reply