cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay accepted return, but there is no return shipping label.

I received a different size item than I ordered. I opened a return request and ebay accepted the return.

The return said that I would receive a shipping label by Nov. 13, this is the 13th and there is no shipping label or way to ask ebay to step in. 

What should I do now? I appreciate any help or info. 

Thank you

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@honeysuckle-lane wrote:

The return said that I would receive a shipping label by Nov. 13, this is the 13th and there is no shipping label or way to ask ebay to step in. 

That's because it's still the 13th right now @honeysuckle-lane. eBay goes by the clock on the wall at eBay HQ, so it'll be the 13th for many more hours.

Sometimes, eBay will automatically issue a return label after the deadline if the seller has not done anything to resolve the return request. Otherwise, one minute after it is no longer the 13th in eBay time, you will see the radio button show up, to ask eBay to step in it, whatever it is.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Is the seller in another country?

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

contact the seller directly, ask them questions

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 

No, the seller and I are both in the US. 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@honeysuckle-lane 

Has the case been open for 4 days?

If so, you should be able to ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@destrucity_shop 

After first contact, the seller waited 3 days to respond. The seller responded by ebay messages to tell me I was wrong. I refuse to argue.

The seller must have realized their listing mistake at the time the item was shipped to me because they 

changed the listing. Of course, I have access to the original listing description of my purchase. On the return case I posted a copy of the size that I ordered and a photo of the size that I received.

I finally found the contact ebay button and they called me. I was told that if I don't receive a shipping label by EOD to contact them tomorrow and they will send it. The Rep. said that they instructed the seller to send a label on Nov. 9th. but, they can see the seller has not sent it.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@honeysuckle-lane wrote:

That's because it's still the 13th right now @honeysuckle-lane. eBay goes by the clock on the wall at eBay HQ, so it'll be the 13th for many more hours.

Sometimes, eBay will automatically issue a return label after the deadline if the seller has not done anything to resolve the return request. Otherwise, one minute after it is no longer the 13th in eBay time, you will see the radio button show up, to ask eBay to step in it, whatever it is.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

The seller must have realized their listing mistake at the time the item was shipped to me because they changed the listing.

AFAIK, listings cannot be changed once there is a sale, or bid.  So, I am guessing this is a fixed price listings with multiple quantities.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@disneyshopper 

Yes, this is a fixed price listing with multiple quantity.  

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@nh7235 

Thank you for your reply. My mistake was to understand the sentence, that a shipping label was to be sent by the 13th. Actually, the seller waited until the last minute to provide a shipping label. The label was sent at 3:02 am, EST, just as the option to ask ebay to step in appeared.

A seller that makes a mistake and then strings a customer along is troubling... I have a feeling that this seller will only provide a partial refund. Of course, I will have to deal with that if it happens. This is the sort of thing that makes honest customers leave ebay. 

Thank you for your time and help, I do appreciate it.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

I am having that same scam too! There was absolute return policy nor information for ThredUp (who would dig into their website anyway since Ebay was representing them).

No help from ThredUp.

Evay claimed to send me a shipping label & they defrauded me also! Thank goodness the purchase was under $40. 
Can’t get a hold of Ebay! 
if you are reading this, I hope EVERYONE is also,

Ebay = Scam.    ThredUp = Scam

(I threw my skirt in the garbage)

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

**, Ebay! No excuses. When you email saying here is your shipping label, it’s either there or you are a FRAUD.

Reporting to BBB, **bleep** it! 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

There is no way to contact most of these fraudster Ebay is obviously liable for!

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Did you notice the age of the original message here?

You would be better served here if you would begin your own thread -- you would get more replies that way.

And, may I suggest that, if you do that, you will need to give all the details of your issue including dates.

BTW, if/when a buyer opens an item not as described case through eBay within 30 days of receipt of the item, there is NO way a seller can give only a partial refund.

So handle your problem the right way for your own sake.  

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply