cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay International Shipping issues

I just accepted an offer for a book from a buyer in Canada. They cannot pay because shows that "this seller will not ship to your location". This is not accurate as none of my shipping policies have Canada as an exclusion.

If I try to send an invoice I am told that I need to choose a shipping service. My policy for shipping to Illinois is not an option. Only the true international options are shown. I do not know what to do here as I have been using the global shipping method for years now and have had no issues until today. 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

@silverhand 

If you are asking about the P-51D Mustang book, that listing only had shipping to the USA, it did/does not have eBay International shipping.

Now that the listing has ended, it is too late to add EIS shipping, so you will have to ship it direct. USPS shipping to Canada should be just as easy to use, but you will have to get the price yourself.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

It is my understanding that if I am enrolled I only have to specify the excluded countries. Canada is not excluded on any of my policies.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

I have this issue also, but for shipping to the UK. I have always shipped international. Yet now I see some of my listing show I do and others show that I don't.

Corinna L Stevenson
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

I have this problem as well for shipping to Bulgaria.  It shows on the listing that it would be shipped to an authenticator first?  I never chose that.  It tells the buyer that I don't ship to Bulgaria, but Bulgaria isn't excluded on my listing and international selling should have picked up on this listing. I don't have a clue what to do at this point.  If it wasn't available to ship to Bulgaria, they should not have been able to offer on it in the first place.  

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

I just checked my site preferences and it says I am enrolled in ebay international shipping program.  This sucks and is wasting a lot of my time.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@silverhand wrote:

It is my understanding that if I am enrolled I only have to specify the excluded countries. Canada is not excluded on any of my policies.

@silverhand, I'm sorry but you are misunderstanding something.

You are not excluding Canada on that listing, but you are only shipping to the United States. I looked at some of your other listings, both active and sold, and they all show that you only allow shipping to the United States. You don't have EIS international shipping enabled on any of the listings I checked.

image.png

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

This same problem just started for me too. Suddenly random listings of mine only say ship to US while other similar listings say ships worldwide. The settings are identical for all the listings. I think ebay international shipping is having a glitch. Anyone else with the same problem? @ebay any solutions?

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

This just happened to me as well. Would love to know if there is a solution to this?

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

New update -- I took an existing listing that said ships worldwide using eBay International Shipping.  Then I made a slight trivial update to the listing (adding the word "the") and updated the listing. After that, I checked again and now the listing says ships to United States only. @car-84277 @silverhand @lacemaker3 

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

I was on the phone with Ebay twice.  The first time, they had me cancel my sale and register the item changing things like the category it is listed in.  Now my buyer can't buy it at all.  It says I do not ship there.  So I got on the phone with Ebay again and they could not figure out what is wrong.  So it has been turned over to the technical department to take one to three days to solve.  In the meantime, I think my buyer has bailed, so I lost $200+ dollars.  I am not a happy camper at all.  Why doesn't Ebay ever leave anything alone? Global shipping worked perfectly for me.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Agree. Very upsetting.  I'm on with eBay now and they don't seem to be aware of the problem. It's 100% a glitch. Literally I took an existing listing that says "ships worldwide" and then I edited it to add the word "the" and clicked submit revisions, and then the listing reverted to "ships to US only".  So it's not because of international exclusions (e.g., on certain electronics) or any other reason. Just updating a listing is causing eBay international shipping to disappear. We need more people to report it because it's too easy for ebay to just say -- oh there are many reasons why your listing isn't eligible for ebay international shipping.  That's what they're saying to me right now. And I've already tested this on my own for hours and it's very clear that the issue is a new bug. If anyone has this issue, please let ebay know. And if you find a fix, please do share! Thank you and good luck!

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

They supposedly have sent mine to technical and I made sure to tell them that I wasn't the only one having this issue.  Unfortunately, it will be too late for me, because my buyer is now not even answering me.  Not to mention I have spent half my day messing with this.  I'm over it.  I may opt out of international sales completely, because this has just been too much trouble.  All I wanted was to honor the sale.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Did you try sending an invoice through the order..the way we used to do it? I did that for my buyer and it worked out for him.

I think I am going to opt out and the re opt in and see if that helps. If not I will report it also.

Corinna L Stevenson
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Yes, same issue.

Corinna L Stevenson
Message 15 of 18
latest reply