cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay standard envelope categories expanded

This is excellent news! Can we get a list of specific categories > subcategories kyle@ebay ? Things like patches, stickers/decals, greeting cards can be listed in multiple categories.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/eBay-standard-envelope-supports-more-categories-effectiv...

Beginning November 1, 2023, in addition to Trading Cards, Coins & Currency, Stamps and Postcards, the following items are eligible:

Patches
Stickers & Decals
Greeting Cards
Seeds

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

eBay did eventually publish a list of eligible categories here:

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/choosing-a-carrier-and-service/ebay-standard-envelope

Go to "eligible categories" and click the link to see the full list of category paths.

If anybody runs into a category that's missing from the list, per Nate from the shipping team at the Nov '23 seller check in, email missing categories you believe should be eligible to: ebayshippingteam@ebay.com 

Thanks kyle@ebay for helping to push through our requests on this. Having the full list has been very helpful.

FYI @dhbookds @valueaddedresource @onefootflippers @saturdaystoys @1786davycrockett 

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

eBay did eventually publish a list of eligible categories here:

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/choosing-a-carrier-and-service/ebay-standard-envelope

Go to "eligible categories" and click the link to see the full list of category paths.

If anybody runs into a category that's missing from the list, per Nate from the shipping team at the Nov '23 seller check in, email missing categories you believe should be eligible to: ebayshippingteam@ebay.com 

Thanks kyle@ebay for helping to push through our requests on this. Having the full list has been very helpful.

FYI @dhbookds @valueaddedresource @onefootflippers @saturdaystoys @1786davycrockett 

Hey @wastingtime101 I'd like to say you're welcome, but really all the credit for this goes to you and all the other folks that pushed for this info.  So really, thank YOU!  I'm just glad to help get it out there.

Kyle,
eBay
Message 17 of 30
latest reply

Thanks @wastingtime101  kyle@ebay and the shipping team for getting this done!

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

I have already done that a month ago.

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

Re-send the email @cctpatches 

Message 20 of 30
latest reply

Can you please add photos to the standard envelope. Thanks 

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

ANYONE know what the NEW E-bay Standard Envelope Categories are as stated in the new 2024 update?

ps thanks e-bay for providing ZERO details!!!

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

I sell individual paper napkins,

These don't fall under a listed category but they are as small and fit into a designated envelope

Is there an "other" type catagory or way to use this postage class?

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

@gibsonguitarparts wrote:

ANYONE know what the NEW E-bay Standard Envelope Categories are as stated in the new 2024 update?

ps thanks e-bay for providing ZERO details!!!

That info is posted up top in the green highlighted "best answer" post @gibsonguitarparts .

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

@lolosdreams wrote:

I sell individual paper napkins,

These don't fall under a listed category but they are as small and fit into a designated envelope

Is there an "other" type catagory or way to use this postage class?

There is not @lolosdreams . Instructions are provided above for requesting the addition of new categories. You might have better luck with your request being accepted by eBay if those napkins were listed in one of the appropriate craft categories instead of the collectibles category.

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

They are currently in a craft/napkin category

I will ask as you suggested

Thanks

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

IMO the latest list of categories should have been the first categories.

They are better suited to meet the rigidity requirements than the original categories.

I wonder if they will remove some categories next round.

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

I just checked, you are correct - I mostly do "sell similar" in my listings and I must have used a template by another seller and it is in that catagory which says napkins - but they are far feom collectible LOL

Thanks

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

If you want to give your cards, postcards, etc to a thief then use eBay Standard Envelope.

The service is crap, tracking is virtual and I have yet receive my claims. The FTC is very interested in this type of so-called products and services and eBay should remove it since they can't fix it. Go FTC!

Whoever came up with this scheme (sale guys) should be let to the wind.

Message 30 of 30
latest reply