cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Standard Envelopes; Coins

If the category of "Coins & Paper Money" is eligible for shipping via eBay Standard Envelope... why isn't the category of "Collectibles>Disneyana>Contemporary>Coins" then eligible for the same?

I'm trying to understand the reasoning in blocking the latter category from the eBay Standard Envelope program.

I notice that "Postcards" is an eligible category for eBay Standard Envelopes... even though it is a subcategory of "Collectibles"... just as Disneyana is...

Thoughts as to the reasoning behind excluding Disneyana / Coins from using the more affordable eBay Standard Envelope shipping option?

Thanks,

Dave

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: eBay Standard Envelopes; Coins

I believe its what I used to call trying legislate common sense. Or in this case, program common sense. Ebay just hasn't considered every single category where their standard envelope would apply. Just like their media mail rules. It has nothing to do with the post office's MM rules. Its what category you list it in. If I list a book about baseball under books, its OK. If I list it under baseball, not so much. Seems like the same kind of idea with your Disney coins. Basically, ebay should stop trying to "help".

Message 2 of 2
latest reply