cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyer wont respond or return

so ebay decided to go against its own suggestions and gave a refund without me recieving my murchandise now i am without money or murchandise nd the buyer wont answer any emails. what can be done. the item was not the item the buyer was looking for and requested a refund, ebay told me not to issue a refund until the buyer sent back the murchandise. he then sent me an email saying he returned it and to  issue a refund. then 3 weeks later i have  no murchandise and neg 62 in my account cause they issued a refund. just wondering should i move forward with a lawsuit? or will ebay fix  this?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

You will have to phone ebay about it.  Did the buyer open a return request and did you approve it? If so, was there a tracking number entered in the return request?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

You will need to contact ebay to fix this issue.

If a tracking # was entered check the carrier web site.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

so ebay decided to go against its own suggestions and gave a refund without me recieving my murchandise now i am without money or murchandise nd the buyer wont answer any emails. what can be done.

It wasn't Ebay that made the mistake, you misunderstood the procedure being a new seller.

the item was not the item the buyer was looking for and requested a refund, ebay told me not to issue a refund until the buyer sent back the murchandise.

That is correct, well almost.  

he then sent me an email saying he returned it and to  issue a refund. then 3 weeks later i have  no murchandise

This is where the misunderstanding came it.  You don't refund the buyer until you RECEIVE the item back.  It is NOT just because they say they have shipped it back.  You need to RECEIVE it first so that you can inspect it and make sure you get back what you shipped.  THEN you refund the buyer.

and neg 62 in my account cause they issued a refund. just wondering should i move forward with a lawsuit? or will ebay fix  this?

This buyer is really not being very kind to you at all.  What they have done is most likely kept your item and never shipped it back to begin with.  Some buyers that have no moral compass target new sellers to try and get free stuff.

Please know that most buyers don't act like this.  The vast majority of buyers out there are good people.  But lets see if we can get a little assistance for you from Ebay.  I'm going to tag this post to see if we can get one of the Ebay customer service people to stop by and help you.  

Please try not to get too discouraged.  Learning all the rules for selling is hard and complicated.  Come here and ask question anytime you run into something that you need a little help with.

@Anonymous

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@and8968 wrote:

so ebay decided to go against its own suggestions and gave a refund without me recieving my murchandise

ebay told me not to issue a refund until the buyer sent back the murchandise. he then sent me an email saying he returned it and to  issue a refund.

then 3 weeks later i have  no murchandise and neg 62 in my account cause they issued a refund. 

Did you:

- Cluck the Accept the Retund

- Issue a retund lable

- Trucking showed delirious

- But you didn't get the phone back?

- Then the buyer escalated and got a refund

https://image.ibb.co/ixJTV9/image.png

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I don't think you completely understood the OPs post.

I don't normally call out typos as I make far too many myself.  However yours gave me quite a chuckle this morning, thank you.  I enjoyed them.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

LOL..a lawsuit for what?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@and8968 wrote:

so ebay decided to go against its own suggestions and gave a refund without me recieving my murchandise now i am without money or murchandise nd the buyer wont answer any emails. what can be done. the item was not the item the buyer was looking for and requested a refund, ebay told me not to issue a refund until the buyer sent back the murchandise. he then sent me an email saying he returned it and to  issue a refund. then 3 weeks later i have  no murchandise and neg 62 in my account cause they issued a refund. just wondering should i move forward with a lawsuit? or will ebay fix  this?

Hi @and8968, I have had this reviewed and recommend you review the emails you received from Customer Service related to the case for more information as to why this decision was made. I understand that this has been a frustrating experience and I believe the answers to your questions will be covered by the communication you received.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

EBay made the wrong decision. Based on the sellers communication with me he says he's sent the package to me so therefor why would I need to provide a shipping slip since the buyer said it is already in the mail. Also eBay lied and said I neglected to provide a shipping label but the buyer said it was already in the mail and is still sticking to that. So I feel have been completely scammed not by the buyer but in fact EBAY . I am furious at this situation being that I am now out the money and my merchandise. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@and8968 wrote:

Also eBay lied and said I neglected to provide a shipping label but the buyer said it was already in the mail and is still sticking to that. 

Did you provide a return shipping label?

Have a great day.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Based on the sellers communication with me he says he's sent the package to me

I think you meant buyer.

so therefor why would I need to provide a shipping slip since the buyer said it is already in the mail.

What do you mean by "shipping slip"?  Did you mean return label?

Also eBay lied and said I neglected to provide a shipping label

Why are you saying Ebay "lied"???  You just said above that you did not provide one.

but the buyer said it was already in the mailand is still sticking to that.

Now that really is something that Ebay should address.  Because you are right.  If your buyer said they had already shipped it back, then no label from you was needed.

So I feel have been completely scammed not by the buyer but in fact EBAY .

I think there is some type of miscommunication here.  Hopefully Trinton will be able to clear it up for you.  If your buyer actually did ship this item back to you, they should be able to provide you a tracking number.  Your buyer is at fault here too, so don't blame everything on Ebay.

I am furious at this situation being that I am now out the money and my merchandise. 

I would be too, but I really think there is some mis-communications going on here.  Ask your buyer for the tracking number and see where the package is, if in fact they really did ship it.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@and8968 wrote:

EBay made the wrong decision. Based on the sellers communication with me he says he's sent the package to me so therefor why would I need to provide a shipping slip since the buyer said it is already in the mail. Also eBay lied and said I neglected to provide a shipping label but the buyer said it was already in the mail and is still sticking to that. So I feel have been completely scammed not by the buyer but in fact EBAY . I am furious at this situation being that I am now out the money and my merchandise. 

The BUYERS communication doesn’t absolve your responsibility of paying for return shipping. If you accepted the return and you did not send a label or have eBay do it, then you didn’t fulfill your requirement and ebays decision is correct. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I think part of the seller's confusion comes in from the buyer telling them they had already shipped the item back.  I don't know if the seller misunderstood what the buyer said, but it appears they did not issue a label because the buyer had said they had already shipped the item back.

While issue the label would have been what you or I would do, this new seller may not have known they would not be charged for it if the buyer never used it.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply