cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyer trying to find faults to return item

Hi, 

i have sold many things on ebay and always had great FEEDBACK. This time i sold a corset dress which i bought on ebay but it was too small. The dress was in great condition but not a new condition. with general wear and tear. I listed the itme and sold it but now the buyer is saying there are black marks all over the dress. when i listed the item it was clean and ready to be worn. however the buyer is saying it looks like a mark from when sitting in the dress, isnt this classed as general wear and tear? the item is a used item so any sign of the item being used is covered by the fact i listed it as used? i have a feeling the lady is returning it because its too small for her and the dress cost 40quid. the picture she has submitted shows the mark but its so small and not noticable at all. If fact so small i didnt notice it when had it. at what point is it unfair for the buyer to send items back just becuase and what covers the seller incase the buyer had marked the dress in order to get a refund? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

There's not much you can do but accept the return and refund her when you get the item back.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

A buyer can make any claim they want for a return, and you must accept it.  They can lie about anything they want.  It doesn't matter.  If you refuse the return, eBay will give them a refund with YOUR money and let them keep the item.  eBay will also give you a very major defect on your account. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

ok thanks i guess ill have to do that. very annoying. certainly puts me off selling items on ebay

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Some items need be gone over with a fine-tooth comb when being sold on eBay.   Any and all discrepancies should be noted in the description.   Just because a seller doesn't notice something doesn't mean a buyer won't.   I prefer to stick to craft items, basically, what you see is what you get.   I can spot defects easily and just toss the items or save them for freebies if they are still usuable, but not perfect. 

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@miniket wrote:

Hi, 

i have sold many things on ebay and always had great FEEDBACK. This time i sold a corset dress which i bought on ebay but it was too small. The dress was in great condition but not a new condition. with general wear and tear. I listed the itme and sold it but now the buyer is saying there are black marks all over the dress. when i listed the item it was clean and ready to be worn. however the buyer is saying it looks like a mark from when sitting in the dress, isnt this classed as general wear and tear? the item is a used item so any sign of the item being used is covered by the fact i listed it as used? i have a feeling the lady is returning it because its too small for her and the dress cost 40quid. the picture she has submitted shows the mark but its so small and not noticable at all. If fact so small i didnt notice it when had it. at what point is it unfair for the buyer to send items back just becuase and what covers the seller incase the buyer had marked the dress in order to get a refund? 

If a picture can show the mark it must have been noticeable.

It is the sellers responsibility to show issues in photos & in written description.    Certainly it is feasible the buyer might have added mark but it is also feasible you missed it when you examined the dress.

When in doubt do what is right.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 6 of 6
latest reply