cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is ebay offering Media Mail as a choice on my listings?

Hello,

Long time member, but only recently have started selling regularly.  I am having a problem with getting underpaid for shipping.  Even with eBay discount I am LOSING money on shipping.  This is because I select two USPS options as choices on some of my listings.  Priority mail, and USPS ground.  Last two sales, eBay had a "media mail" label ready for me to print, and I was paid by the buyers for media mail prices.  My items are video game related which IS NOT allowed to be shipped media mail so I end up shipping priority and losing money.  Can someone help me figure out what to do going forward to prevent this?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It looks like your buyers are choosing parcel select but because eBay labels no longer support parcel select the label defaults to another method.  But you are still being paid for the option specified on your listing and you can choose any service that you want.    If you want to use parcel select you can print the label at PayPal.com/shipnow or at another label provider.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The listing form is often "sticky".  You could have very well had a legit media mail item and then forgot to change it on items that aren't good for media mail.  Usually when I make listings, I'm very careful to check over the prices and shipping terms just to be sure I don't make a mistake.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It looks like your buyers are choosing parcel select but because eBay labels no longer support parcel select the label defaults to another method.  But you are still being paid for the option specified on your listing and you can choose any service that you want.    If you want to use parcel select you can print the label at PayPal.com/shipnow or at another label provider.  

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I get the same bogus "offering" on eBay to fulfill a sale when I go to ship a USPS Priority Labels which would be fraudulent against USPS if I were not diligent about checking before I click - this is disturbing as a long time eBay seller with 3 accounts!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply