cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who gets whats leftover from shipping cost? Me or eBay?

I was just wondering with the new system who gets whats leftover from shipping cost?

If the book is $3.45 to ship but it turns out to be $2.89 does the seller pocket the rest or does eBay keep it for themselves?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

"pocketed"

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

sigh

This thread is not closed yet. I said it might get closed.  You posted the same information on another thread that was also an older thread. That thread is now closed so I was just letting you know that it might happen.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Take-NOTICE-Managed-Payments-Deduction-on-Shipping-DOES-NOT/m-...

Since you didn't give any additional numbers I'm not totally sure what happened but I do know that the amount the buyer pays for shipping has nothing to do with what ebay charges for the label. 

If you had 'free' shipping ebay would still charge you the cost of the label.  If the label was $15 and you charged the buyer $10 ebay would still charge you $15.   It is possible though that if you phone and complain they might give you a credit because they don't want to argue or they will just say that to get you off of the phone.

You should be able to see on the order details exactly what the buyer paid for shipping.  Is that where you are getting the $8.42 from?   

The item was 1 lb? Did you use Priority? what was the zip code that the package was going to?

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

OK.  Please disregard all of my prior threads.  I just spoke to eBay.  They told me that the difference is the insertion fees for all of my other listings (35 cents x 3).  My account was at $0.00 before I created the shipping label.  Literally, when I created the shipping label, that's when my account went to negative $8.42, so I thought that it all had to with the label.  I apologize!

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

I refund anything over a dollar.   Always.   

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply