cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I enter an amount for shipping each additional item sold?

In the past, when the quantity of an item was 2 or more, I'd enter the shipping cost for one item, and eBay had a box to the right of that shipping cost where I could enter the price to add to ship "each additional item," but that seems to be gone.

Where/how can I enter the shipping cost to ship more than one item at a time?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Where can I enter an amount for shipping each additional item sold?

If I recall, that option is available for "Flat Rate Shipping"

(I know that for sure, I just did one)

If you are "updating" a listing, try deleting what you have and "re-adding" ship services

I don't recall if that option is available for calculated.....

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@monica-sells wrote:

I don't recall if that option is available for calculated.....

It isn't. A seller would have to set up combined shipping rules on their shipping preferences page to apply something like that to a listing set up with calculated shipping.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

If I select "Sell as a Lot," does that mean a buyer has to buy the total quantity of items offered, or can a buyer purchase, for example, 2 items out of a lot of (for example) 10 items? 

If so, I wonder if eBay would then display a box where I could enter a price to be used to ship "each additional item"?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

A multi-quantity listing for 10 items has nothing to do with lots. It means you have 10 singles available and buyers can purchase as few or as many as they want.

A lot of 10 means you are taking pics of all 10 and selling all 10 at once with price and shipping for 10.

You got good advice above: if you want to enter a flat ship cost for each additional item then set up flat shipping. Don't know what you're selling but you could set up something like a flat $6 for the first item and $1 for each additional item.

If you want to have shipping calculated based on the system adding together the weight for each item, use calculated shipping.

Set up combined shipping rules on this page for flat or calculated:

https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

A multi-quantity listing for 10 items has nothing to do with lots. It means you have 10 singles available and buyers can purchase as few or as many as they want.

A lot of 10 means you are taking pics of all 10 and selling all 10 at once with price and shipping for 10.

You got good advice above: if you want to enter a flat ship cost for each additional item then set up flat shipping. Don't know what you're selling but you could set up something like a flat $6 for the first item and $1 for each additional item.

If you want to have shipping calculated based on the system adding together the weight for each item, use calculated shipping.

Set up combined shipping rules on this page for flat or calculated:

https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf

Thank you for explaining the difference between multi-quantity and "lots".  I'll try to set up flat rate shipping and see if that works. Don't know why that option disappeared, but glad to know there's a way to get it back.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply