cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's going on with First Class international shipping PRIORITY "ebay send /LAX"

Just got an order for a shipment to Spain, First Class international mail.  Printed the label and everything is normal just like I've been doing forever... filled out the customs form for the address in Spain,  processed & paid like normal.

Went to print the label and WHATTTTT it is a "PRIORITY MAIL" label with an "Ebay Send/LAX" address in Redondo Beach.

WTH?  I must have gotten an email about this but I can't find it and the only other topic I can find on the board ("Ebay Send/ORD") didn't really address my questions...

Which are 1)  IS THIS LEGIT?  I"m sure it is but I'd love to hear others' experience regarding its use.  Its very offputting to send a package to someone and their name and address are nowhere to be found.  2) And second question is-- since this is a priority label, could I have used a priority box to ship it?

THANKS for looking.

IMG_4091.jpg

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: What's going on with First Class international shipping PRIORITY "ebay send /LAX"

This was a pilot program that I participated in called 'eBay Send' now changed to 'eBay international standard delivery'.

Here is the message I rec'd from ebay once the pilot ended and the program was formally rolled out>

Thank you for your partnership and participation in the eBay Send International Standard (eBay Send) pilot. Your contributions and feedback played a pivotal role in shaping this new international shipping service.

As we roll out the new offer to all sellers in the coming weeks, we’d like to tell you about a couple of changes.

• The name of the service is changing from eBay Send to eBay international standard delivery. Going forward, you will now see eBay international standard delivery as an option in eBay Labels. • We have updated the rate card for the service based on 2020 adjustments and the table below shows you updated pricing effective immediately. eBay international standard delivery is still the lowest cost international shipping option available on eBay. • All other terms & conditions remain the same.

Click here to see the updated eBay international standard delivery rates

As you continue to use eBay international standard delivery, we hope you also continue to share feedback. Recognizing the impact that the rising cost of shipping has on your business, our team is excited to offer a low cost option with better tracking visibility, little change in your operations, and protections.

Thanks, and happy selling!
The eBay Shipping Team

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: What's going on with First Class international shipping PRIORITY "ebay send /LAX"

I want to clarify in case someone has a question... I am NOT enrolled in the Global Shipping program... just double checked and I am definitely NOT enrolled.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

OK this was just too weird so I had to do what I hate to do, which is call Ebay Customer Service.  And the very helpful representative told me... yes, this is Ebay's new system, they started it two weeks ago.  It is NOT Global Shipping,  but is being handled similarly.  Right now it is covering about 50% of all countries but will expand to include all of them.  (I've had a dozen international sales in the past week and this was the first of its kind.)  Oh and he told me I could use priority mail boxes for these type shipments.  

You would have thought that they would have sent an email out or made an announcement.  Maybe they did, but I couldn't find one.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Maybe you have the box checked for this new eBay international shipping service.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/eBay-Send-International-St...

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

OK, you are right.... the option is there in "shipping labels" when you go to print it.  Now there are three options.  I checked my other international orders and none have this option. 

eBay International Standard Delivery

Up to 70 pounds, varies by country

27 inches in length, 84 inches in combined length plus girth.

Up to $100 included Feb 16 - 24

$22.00
USPS First-Class Package International
ON EBAY YOU SAVE 4%

- Feb 10 - Mar 9

$23.28
USPS Priority Mail International Padded Flat Rate Envelope
ON EBAY YOU SAVE 4%

- Feb 10 - Mar 3

$35.60
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Thanks for posting about this!  I went to print a First Class International Parcel label for something headed to Europe yesterday ... This eBay Int'l method was listed as a new option for me (and it was $2.50 cheaper than First Class International Parcel), but I didn't go for it because I wanted to come on here to learn what it was.  PLEASE CONSIDER COMING BACK ON to tell us how it goes...  🙂  

All of my international labels seem to have gone up since the USPS rate hike on 1/26/20, so I'm very open to a new option.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

This was a pilot program that I participated in called 'eBay Send' now changed to 'eBay international standard delivery'.

Here is the message I rec'd from ebay once the pilot ended and the program was formally rolled out>

Thank you for your partnership and participation in the eBay Send International Standard (eBay Send) pilot. Your contributions and feedback played a pivotal role in shaping this new international shipping service.

As we roll out the new offer to all sellers in the coming weeks, we’d like to tell you about a couple of changes.

• The name of the service is changing from eBay Send to eBay international standard delivery. Going forward, you will now see eBay international standard delivery as an option in eBay Labels. • We have updated the rate card for the service based on 2020 adjustments and the table below shows you updated pricing effective immediately. eBay international standard delivery is still the lowest cost international shipping option available on eBay. • All other terms & conditions remain the same.

Click here to see the updated eBay international standard delivery rates

As you continue to use eBay international standard delivery, we hope you also continue to share feedback. Recognizing the impact that the rising cost of shipping has on your business, our team is excited to offer a low cost option with better tracking visibility, little change in your operations, and protections.

Thanks, and happy selling!
The eBay Shipping Team

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Thanks so much, @stuff4divas ... I am curious...
1) does eBay happen to take any heightened "responsibility" for this service? (I.e., will they share the pain if a parcel goes AWOL or are sellers 100% responsible for late or lost parcels?)
2) If we choose this service, does a USPS label print out where we (and the buyer) can follow the parcel's journey to eBay's "send" center on USPS tracking? And then is another label generated at the parcel goes to leave eBay's send center?

I know these are newbie questions, but I don't 100% 'get it" and I want to 🙂
Best, A
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Hello @anneecakes 

When you view the OP's label, you will see 2 tracking numbers on 1 label.

One is the USPS domestic tracking number for the package going to the eBay warehouse in Kentucky.

The other, where it says 'eBay Send' bottom of label, is the international tracking number.

I had to upload the KY number onto the sold item.

I've used this service for 6 packages so far. They are all moving along, slowly, except for one. I am currently dealing with that issue now. No movement out of my state since Jan 27. Will let you know what happens.

Sellers automatically get $100 insurance on all packages, but I am still unclear about the responsibility level of Seller vs Ebay. I don't know if it is the same as the GSP, where once it reaches the warehouse in KY, the package is considered 'delivered' for the seller's sake. This is another area I am investigating and will notify you of my progress.

No problem with the newbie Q, after all, this is a newbie eBay service 😉

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Thank you stuff4divas, that email you posted was very helpful. As I mentioned... I only noticed I had chosen this option after the label printed-- as I am used to going to the first option for First Class/International, so I didn't even realize there was going to be something different happening to my labels.

I'm still perplexed why Ebay didn't do a better job of rolling this out after the pilot program.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

The way that I understand it, the package isn’t considered delivered when it reaches the hub like a gsp package but there is up to $100 insurance included.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-send-international-st...

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@stuff4divas 

I just found out about this program... do you know if they open the packages like they do in KY with the GSP? What is the benefit to using this new program to the seller, doesn't seem like there is any except $100 insurance included and longer delivery time? 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

eBay says packages sent to the warehouse before they are forwarded to the international buyer's address are 'screened'.

I'm pretty sure that if your package is properly wrapped and with the proper weight, it'll pass thru w/o incident. But that is not to say if there is a suspicion of an unauthorized item, they won't inspect it.

As far as the benefits, yes, the $100 included insurance is nice. USPS First Class Int'l does not include insurance.

The cost is pretty close to the USPS price, until you add insurance to the USPS package, then it starts to become more cost effective.

As far as delivery time, it seems to be about the same as USPS and tracks the same. The exception is if the country is not on the USPS edelcon list, tracking will not follow thru to show delivered. It usually only tracks within the US. I am referring to the tracking numbers that start with UA. For those countries, I will definitely use ebay int'l st del.

I've sent 10 packages via ebay int'l st del so far.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

eBay says packages sent to the warehouse before they are forwarded to the international buyer's address are 'screened'.

I'm pretty sure that if your package is properly wrapped and with the proper weight, it'll pass thru w/o incident. But that is not to say if there is a suspicion of an unauthorized item, they won't inspect it.

As far as the benefits, yes, the $100 included insurance is nice. USPS First Class Int'l does not include insurance.

The cost is pretty close to the USPS price, until you add insurance to the USPS package, then it starts to become more cost effective.

As far as delivery time, it seems to be about the same as USPS and tracks the same. The exception is if the country is not on the USPS edelcon list, tracking will not follow thru to show delivered. It usually only tracks within the US. I am referring to the tracking numbers that start with UA. For those countries, I will definitely use ebay int'l st del.

I've sent 10 packages via ebay int'l st del so far.

Thanks for your input. I updated two listings last night to include the new program, opened it to approx 10 countries as as a test for the program... though I realize only 2 items may not result in an international sale and should likely add a few more to include the option... I'm just skeptical by nature. But yeah, that's one reason why I wanted to try it is due to the tracking is suppose to be good for all destinations... and the cost is much cheaper then GSP to buyers.  

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Oh, it is definitely cheaper than the GSP because the fees aren't paid upfront, which I've found 99% of my int'l customers prefer. That 99% choose USPS First Class Int'l.

I don't have the ebay int'l st del option for my int'l customers yet. I make that decision when it's time to print the label. This is mostly because of what I said on my other post, the non-edelcon countries.

I've been selling internationally since the beginning, about 10 years and have had great success at it. About 40% of my sales are international.

Selling internationally brings lots more customers to my store, but it's not for everyone. I've heard a lot of complaints about it, but you won't hear any from me 😉

Good luck!!

Message 15 of 16
latest reply