cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the point of contacting support?

Ok, her is my story as I sell in many platforms, this is the first time I had to deal with this.

1.  Buyer buys pair of cleats

2.  I shipped same day and he receives cleats next day (so far so good)

3.  1 day later, buyer open a return ticket (no problem at all as I take returns within 30 days)

4.  I received cleats today on 3/18 not in the same form I shipped.  These came back worn and now I am unable to sell as new again.

5.  I contacted support via email today (with Coronavirus issue they are only doing emails)

6.  Rep that replied said quote '

As soon as the case was assigned to me, I immediately verified the case details and all pertinent information. I can see that the item has been already been returned to you but you received it used and you can't sell it as new anymore.

Please understand that once you asked eBay to step in, we need to take action on the case depending on the available information we gathered. Since item has been returned back to you in it's original condition, it is also fair for the buyer to get their money in full.'

Helloooo Item was returned used and unable to sell as new.  In other words, I had to FULLY refund... My question, what Is the point of having seller support when buyers can just return something used as new.,  I thought this was only an AMZ glitch mind you I have been on eBay for 20+ years.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: What is the point of contacting support?

What is to say that the buyer didn't return brand new-same item and you are just 'saying' that they didn't? Now, they are to get no product and no money- you have the product and the cash? 

How long do you think a selling platform would get away with treating buyers like that? 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

What is to say that the buyer didn't return brand new-same item and they are just saying they did? 

Now, they have the new product and the seller has lost the item and the money-

How long do you think a selling platform would should get away with treating buyers sellers like that?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

i know!! I aways treat buyers with the utmost respect. I inspected the cleats Not same condition I sent.   So now I am out of new cleats and taking that loss. And to top it all, my metrics might get hurt as well. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

B&M Stores deal with shrink every year; 1-3% is normal. This is that case- cost of doing business. Not 100% of transactions with other people, especially over the internet where they are not standing in front of you holding the item you are selling- is a reality. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

That's great for B&M, but the difference is that they get to choose and use their discretion about who truly deserves a return and who is abusing the system. We don't get that option on ebay, we are forced to accept everything, including the scams. This accounts for much much more than 1-3%.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I honestly thought I could get 50% off the item given that now, I will have to donate or throw to the trash..One of many reasons why I have gotten away from these platforms and building my own to have control of things. What really got me mad upset is that I will also get hit with my metrics. I mean, I contact eBay to let them know what is going on, open a case, immediately closed reason 'item was returned in original condition' and then I my metrics will get him, so it is like getting punished two times for the same crime? I don't know....
Message 7 of 7
latest reply