cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to Priority Flat Rate Options in Shipping????

I'm trying to list a heavier item and I want to offer priority medium flat rate as a shipping option but it is no longer in the options. WTH? None of the flat rate boxes are listed anymore.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: What happened to Priority Flat Rate Options in Shipping????

"bleep" = Foxtrot, Uniform, Baker, Able, Romeo

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

@tomatbay wrote:

...forgot to add that in the PREVIEW Shipping Tab, to get the "calculated" rate of a FR box, I will have to enter my zip code.

Am I to assume the PREVIEW is totally **bleep** and should be ignored???

Well, yes, the shipping part of Preview doesn't function.  Ignore the painful struggles of the shipping calculator; the listing will be OK.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

UPDATE:   Finally submitted my listing using the the following "game-like" Magic Keys:

• Manually input dimensions of 1 x 1 x 1 - should not be required but easy to remember
  • Select Calculated instead of Fixed Rate - makes no sense, just get over it
  • Under Settings, select if retail or eBay discounted postage passed on to Buyer
  • Ignore PREVIEW which does not show what actually appears in listing

Regarding the Shipping Tab in the listing:  it is not what it should look like, it has the format of international sales and a field for entering zip code.

Hope eBay does a better job reporting to IRS

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

First, they are tryine to get rid of the small sellers. 2nd, I think they are going to sell or merge with Amazon. Amazon already controls USPS without owning it. Eventually they will control ebay.

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

There's not really a discount after you figure eBay charge  you commission on  your  shipping cost. Ebay don't give you anything they just give you back they've taken.  So why are you giving it away?

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

Anytime I get something with the Amazon shipping on it I send it back and leave negative. I don't buy with eBay to deal with Amazon . There are many people like me. We do not want to buy through Amazon .

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

If it ain’t broke, break it!

(in reference to eBay website coding)

Outstanding… and people get paid, PAID for doing this. And of course in the main help  section of the site there is no mention of changes to flat rate shipping to be found. Make a good thing disappear and then play dumb when sellers complain. Maybe they’re not playing at all, but if they were, they surely wouldn’t have to try very hard. This is just like when Apple iTunes made the shake to shuffle songs feature disappear for no good reason at all, which made for unnecessary distracted driving and has likely cost at least a few lives. They pretend like the feature never existed and that you’re the crazy one when you ask about it.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Completely another pile of **bleep**! Why can't people leave things alone? Gawd!! small medium large..USPS boxes, bring em back!

Message 23 of 23
latest reply