cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you do when ebay support will not help you

I purchased an item from a seller, who shipped it to the wrong address.  I contacted the USPS, and they verified that it was not shipped to my address.  I put in a support ticket and got a response that the USPS says that the package was delivered.  When I contacted the USPS, they said that it was delivered, but not to my address.  The USPS stated that if eBay would contact them using the tracking number they would validate that is was not delivered to my address.  The Seller is not responding and eBay has closed my case.  Does anybody know how to call eBay support?  

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@msh.nwa,

You have been the victim of a fake tracking scam, the seller's send something, an envelope or small box with tracking to a different address, and uses the Delivered scan to win an Item Not Received (INR) dispute.  eBay's automated INR system is not allowed access to anything but the scan information, due to shipping company's privacy policies. 

When you file a dispute and lose in the message there should  be an appeal button.  You have 30 days from losing the dispute to appeal, but in order to win you have to do some leg work. The info below is what you have do do when this happens with any shipping agency.

You will have to go to your P.O. or  a local UPS or FedEx store.  You need to bring a copy of your order details page which shows your address and the tracking number with you. If you bought using a phone or tablet, you can bring that to show the clerk the order details.

You want to ask the clerk to check the label address against yours, and also to check the Package type/size weight info to see if was is appropriate for what you should have received.  If the info does not match up, you ask the clerk to write a note on Company stationary saying in general that the shipping label's address was not yours, and if applicable that the package type/size/weight was not right for what you should have received. Do not ask for specific address or package info, they cannot give it out.  Have the clerk sign and date the note.

Once you have the note, you can appeal the dispute ruling, or contact ebay through their Facebook or Twitter social media pages. (links below) You can write out what happened and what you found out, and add a CLEAR photo or a scan of the note to an Appeal or message.  If you go the social media route which is recommended, but not always necessary, because the reps know about the fake tracking scams you will need to have the seller's username and the ebay item number. At the end of your message give them your real and ebay username. 

In the future I strongly suggest that you check the feedback profile pages of each seller you intend to buy from, before bidding on or buying their items.  You can access a seller's feedback profile page from near the bottom of listing pages. Use the See All Feedback  button below where their name is in a large font.  On the profile page if the seller has received neutral or negative feedback, click on the numbers of them to read only those comments. Never go by a feedback percentage alone. Some people who have been scammed but did not file a dispute may have left feedback saying they never received their items.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

https://twitter.com/askebay

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

You need to get documentation from USPS that the package was not addressed to you. It doesn't have to say where it was delivered, just that it was not addressed to [your address].

Get that document then take a photo and upload it to eBay CS on social - send a DM to eBay on twitter or facebook and ask to file an appeal based on the info from USPS confirming the "same zip code scam."

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

@msh.nwa,

You have been the victim of a fake tracking scam, the seller's send something, an envelope or small box with tracking to a different address, and uses the Delivered scan to win an Item Not Received (INR) dispute.  eBay's automated INR system is not allowed access to anything but the scan information, due to shipping company's privacy policies. 

When you file a dispute and lose in the message there should  be an appeal button.  You have 30 days from losing the dispute to appeal, but in order to win you have to do some leg work. The info below is what you have do do when this happens with any shipping agency.

You will have to go to your P.O. or  a local UPS or FedEx store.  You need to bring a copy of your order details page which shows your address and the tracking number with you. If you bought using a phone or tablet, you can bring that to show the clerk the order details.

You want to ask the clerk to check the label address against yours, and also to check the Package type/size weight info to see if was is appropriate for what you should have received.  If the info does not match up, you ask the clerk to write a note on Company stationary saying in general that the shipping label's address was not yours, and if applicable that the package type/size/weight was not right for what you should have received. Do not ask for specific address or package info, they cannot give it out.  Have the clerk sign and date the note.

Once you have the note, you can appeal the dispute ruling, or contact ebay through their Facebook or Twitter social media pages. (links below) You can write out what happened and what you found out, and add a CLEAR photo or a scan of the note to an Appeal or message.  If you go the social media route which is recommended, but not always necessary, because the reps know about the fake tracking scams you will need to have the seller's username and the ebay item number. At the end of your message give them your real and ebay username. 

In the future I strongly suggest that you check the feedback profile pages of each seller you intend to buy from, before bidding on or buying their items.  You can access a seller's feedback profile page from near the bottom of listing pages. Use the See All Feedback  button below where their name is in a large font.  On the profile page if the seller has received neutral or negative feedback, click on the numbers of them to read only those comments. Never go by a feedback percentage alone. Some people who have been scammed but did not file a dispute may have left feedback saying they never received their items.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

https://twitter.com/askebay

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

This worked, you are correct in that you have to go to the post office to get the information!  Ironically it was Paypal that resolved, and credited my account, not eBay.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

I appealed before I had proof on picture or paper and eBay closed appeal out. I thought they would check into it and find easy truth. But no, eBay doesn't take any time to do anything for safety of consumers. Seller protection.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

UPS deals only with those who purchase shipping (the sellers).  I lucked out by getting a sympathetic driver to give me a number in UPS Dispatch.  This took a very long time to accomplish.  EBay had already found against me after two appeals.  I am unable to appeal their decision.  EBay also declines to tell me anything about what action they have taken against the seller, if anything.  I provided them with zip files containing the UPS ledger pages on this shpping number, proving it was a) sent to another party and b) wasn't even an EBay purchase, but an Amazon sale.

I asked EBay for an apology.  I am not going to get one.  I am also not going to rejoin EBay.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

This is a very detailed reply - and I appreciate it. I wish there was some way you could pin this reply w/ the steps to the front page! 

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

I tried all of that with ebay even there investigation team I had postal service investigation done after showing my ebay receipt and they sent me a letter head from them detailing the tracking number and the address the seller sent it to not even my address because all usps goes by on there tracking is just zip code. Ebay support told me it's not there job to call the postal service to get details about the shipping address cause it's says delivered. I'm still puzzled 1 tracking number  2 addresses the seller didn't use ebay prepaid labels for a item weighing over 20 pounds never responded to messages and closed there account the next week.. I been going back and fourth for about  4 months still telling me I received my item now I'm out of 800.00

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

The most reliable remedy for this problem is to open a dispute with your credit card issuer.

If you are not using a credit card for your online purchases, you should. The more middlemen in the payment process, the greater the chances you will waste your time before you contact the credit card issuer.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

I am a victim of a false tracking scam because my post office say the item didn't match the weight seller (mohaabdu5425) is a scammer person. Ebay needs to get them off there site

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

This is a four-stairs/floors apartment building, without elevators, and sometimes the deliverer does not want  to come upstairs, so they'd left the deliveries downstairs. one the first floor

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Questions for those in the know - as a buyer I was scammed this way for nearly 1k. I recovered the package via USPS help and opened a wrong item received case. The seller sent me a FedEx return label with Signature required. However, the address on the label is to a empty parking lot with a dilapidated "for sale" property next to it. Nobody is living there. 

What will happen when FedEx returns this package to me as un-deliverable?  I was told it should be ruled in my favor, but if eBay looks at the tracking info and sees it's in limbo, will they actually take any action or just tell me to wait for the package? 

I am at wits end. 

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Thx for all your information.  Yes I did go to the post office and they had no knowledge of package.  I already made my appeal with eBay and lost again.  They said since they had a tracking number there was no action they could take...they said "our sellers are more important than the buyers, sorry"....this happened a year ago, however, I just received information from the head company who actually sells the product we purchased and were told that no third party is able to sell/ship to CA.  We called after attempting to purchase this again through multiple options...Amazon and Home Depot being two of them...and they both said 'does not ship to your address..or any address in CA'    So I called again and hopefully something can be done.  I know we won't see the money but hopefully they will be banned from eBay.  It's funny that you say they usually ship little items, because when I did go and look at their reviews before I purchased, they were all little things 20-30 dollar items and I thought wow this must be different for them, ours was 315!  So we will see...thx again, June

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Yeah, I think that's what's happening to me.  I did get to speak to someone the other day who was going to attempt a new appeal with the current information, but I haven't heard back from anyone.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

I wish I would have thought of that.  In the meantime it's already been a year and I just got the new information last week...so probably not going to go far.  I just would like to  get them kicked off of eBay.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply