cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for a return request

Hi all, I had sold a camera lens which was delivered but after a few days the buyer got in contact to say they couldn't get it to work with their camera. After some back and forth  it turns out their camera is an older model and isn't compatible with this lens (although the product description states which cameras are compatible). Rather than get things messy, I offered the buyer a refund if they opened a return request. Buyer said this was fine and would do this. Fast forward 2 days and I still hadn't received a return request, and now the buyer is saying they sent a request.

I'm guessing they haven't done it correctly but if this continues, is there any way I can resolve this  or do I just wait until they can get a return request sent? 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Waiting for a return request

You should look into My Ebay/return and see if there is a case open,if not,then he did not open a case or he did not know how to do it.

is the payment withheld ?if not,then there is no return case.

Put lime in the coconut and call me in the morning !

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

This is strange that they have opened a return and you haven't received it. Hopefully, someone here will know how to proceed. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

You should look into My Ebay/return and see if there is a case open,if not,then he did not open a case or he did not know how to do it.

is the payment withheld ?if not,then there is no return case.

Put lime in the coconut and call me in the morning !
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for the help guys. Have checked the returns dashboard and there is no open case for this lens so assuming buyer hasn't done it correctly/at all. Thanks!
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Still going round the houses with this one! Buyer keeps asking for my address to send item back but have repeatedly told them to open a return request. Ebay have also got in touch with them to show them how to do this,but now he is saying he can't open a request as my listing didn't accept returns. I had another sale that was the same but they buyer was able to open  a request (however it was closed as buyer realised item was fine). Am I going mad?

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Send this link to the buyer https://resolutioncenter.ebay.com
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@dbrowne88-uk

If they haven't opened a return or can't figure out how to do, just send them your address and have them ship it back.

Have a great day.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@kensgiftshop

Is this a viable enough method? Just want to make sure I've covered myself - don't want them claiming they never got their refund or something like that!
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@dbrowne88-ukwrote:
@kensgiftshop

Is this a viable enough method? Just want to make sure I've covered myself - don't want them claiming they never got their refund or something like that!

Yes.

Have them ship with tracking to cover them and once you get the item, you can refund through the original transaction in Pay Pal.

Have a great day.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Great, thanks very much for your help!
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I'm surprised eBay hasn't sent them one. They will force you to accept return, pay postage back as well as return price/shipping from auction.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

In the end, I just sent the buyer my details and they returned it tracked,  with refund issued via PayPal. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply