cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wacky deceiving returns

So this buyer files two SNADs for their two purchases. I never paid attention to them since they were both waiting for the buyer to ship the item. Today I just checked my Manage Returns and ebay is saying that they both got delivered to me and I must refund them by two days ago.

track.jpg

I clicked into each of the Return Details page and see basically the same thing. In the page it says "The item should have been delivered." It also says two weeks ago the buyer uploaded tracking info that they shipped the item back to me. Tracking numbers are 42331959302020585500012778321 and 42331959302020585600025715587 via USPS. Those tracking numbers are invalid.

track2.jpg

I'm only showing one screenshot for reference. Why is ebay telling me that the return is delivered in the first page and pushing me to issue the refund by two days ago? And what's the deal with the invalid tracking numbers?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Wacky deceiving returns

The returns for $33.70 and $35.70 are actual eBay First-Class Return Service labels headed for the Doral, FL of freight-forwarder fame. But they were never mailed, so they've not been delivered.

That's why eBay only says that they "should have been delivered" because eBay knows that the two tracking numbers have not been delivered. This is what eBay does just before the returns close with no refund, i.e. they will quietly close on their own soon after Jul  31.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Wacky deceiving returns

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

I'm only showing one screenshot for reference. Why is ebay telling me that the return is delivered in the first page and pushing me to issue the refund by two days ago?

That eBay message assumes that the item has been delivered, but that the tracking is in error ... if the tracking does not show delivered, you can ignore those messages.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Wacky deceiving returns

@orangehound wrote:

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

I'm only showing one screenshot for reference. Why is ebay telling me that the return is delivered in the first page and pushing me to issue the refund by two days ago?

That eBay message assumes that the item has been delivered, but that the tracking is in error ... if the tracking does not show delivered, you can ignore those messages.

I recall Benny Hill telling us all not to ASSUME. Because it... 🙂

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Wacky deceiving returns

@orangehound wrote:

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

ah....you know, I'd call that in anyway.

You just never know what policy has changed or what glitch is going to rear its ugly head.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply