cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to print shipping labels

I'm a US seller on Ebay for years and just recently am having problems printing my shipping labels. My customers choose their option as they pay for said shipping. Almost always, they choose USPS. I have cleared my cache. switched browsers from Edge, to Chrome to Firefox and my Adobe is updated as are my browsers and Windows. Everything on my end is clear as my son is in IT. I've called you [Ebay] 5 times over the past week and I keep getting the run around of switching browsers, choosing other shipping options, buying in bulk [all to which I've done] but shouldn't have to. This is an Ebay issue, not a seller issue. It's bad business. Fix this

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

What happens when you try to print a shipping label? How far do you get? Are you able to print other things? Can you save the label as a PDF and open it successfully with Adobe Acrobat? Can you print it that way?

Is Adobe Acrobat set as the application to open PDF files in your browser? Some browsers have problems opening PDFs using the built-in utility, though it would be unusual for three separate browsers to suddenly all have the same problem at the same time.

Are you able to print using a different device?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

From the outside looking in, this isn't an ebay issue. There haven't been any mass messages about ebay label printing issues. No problem printing ebay shipping labels over here in California from a PC & using Edge as the primary browser.

Hence, you will need to troubleshoot your settings. Something is out of sync. Here are some things to check:

When you click purchase shipping labels, is ebay charging you for the label?

When you click purchase shipping labels, are you seeing the print the labels option?

Make sure your labels are being sent to your primary printer.

Are you able to print any PDF documents from your printer?

When was the last time you updated your printer drivers?

When was the last time you updated your computer drivers? 

There are lots of other troubleshooting possibilities. Again, I don't believe this is an ebay issue. 

Good luck!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Its not a bad idea of saving all shipping labels as a .PDF.  Its great if you have issues at the time printing, you can always pull it back up to print. Also you do have the option of using the qr code for the post office. Just save as QR Code and bring into the PO already packed. You can use the self service kiosk to print your label or wait in line to have the clerk print it and scan your package as accepted. (suggest waiting in line for the scan)

-Good Luck

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Everything is working A-Ok for us in N.J.  We printed a few labels this morning. All Good.  (J.B.)

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Hi @vintagetreasures4everyone . This is a peer forum, not customer service.

As others have said, there have not been any widespread reports which generally points to something going on with your system or settings.

You are able to purchase labels, you're just having problems when it comes to printing, yes?

Have you tried downloading PDFs and printing from the PDFs instead of from the web - using Adobe, not your web browser to open the PDF?

What happens when you try to print? What kind of printer are you using?

When you tried bulk labels, did that work or did you have the same problem?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

It's not the patterns that you're trying to ship Media Mail is it, they don't qualify.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

It's not the patterns that you're trying to ship Media Mail is it, they don't qualify.

Good spot.

Based on your original post the issue appeared to be with printing labels @vintagetreasures4everyone , but if the real issue is with purchasing labels then the above post by kensgifts probably explains it. Sewing patterns do not qualify for the Media Mail service you're advertising.

If the problem you're experiencing is that Media Mail is not available when you purchase labels, that's not a tech error - that's the system working as it should.

https://about.usps.com/notices/not121/not121_tech.htm

If you want to ship with tracking you need to update your listings to USPS Ground Advantage.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply