USPS

WHAT THE HECK IS UP  WITH  USPS AND LATE OR MISSING ITEM 

THE BUYERS HAVE NO PROBLEMS OPENING A CASE AGAINST ME

WHEN ITEM IS NOT THERE  

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: USPS

Well, I've had good luck with all my USPS shipments. I do understand the pandemic has caused problems for many.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I've had no problems with USPS and deliveries.

I do print my labels using ebay shipping, and I do print the SCAN sheet, and stand in line for the clerk to scan the sheet.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I DO THE SAME

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

File a missing mail claim with the USPS.  That usually gets the package moving again. 

Remember you have 7 days of no movement before you have to refund an INR case. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The post office has been extremely slow over the last couple months. I had to extend my handling time due to this issue. I mailed two packages out to the same address and one is who knows where while the other was delivered. I have mailed priority mail and first class packages and it doesn't matter, they are both slow. The priority packages read 1-3 days and it doesn't show up for almost 10! Fedex was on point and I'm about to see what UPS can do.  I would rather my auctions reflect a later date for delivery then have an upset buyer.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Some suggestions I would have are: don't mail media mail anything unless you have a very patient buyer. Some are still mailing Parcel Post for heavens' sake. Make your packages visible especially if they are small, like padded envelopes. I place a fluorescent yellow FRAGILE sticker on the back, bright green DELIVERY CONFIRMATION label lower right address label, and a bright red DO NOT BEND label on anything that makes sense. Bright yellow SIGNATURE REQUIRED label(2"x4") also when required. I still receive sloppy packages using recycled bags and boxes. I do recall getting one reused flat envelope that showed returned to the sender/seller stamped DECEASED by the Post Office over the old mailing label. Seriously not nice. I have not had many problems even as of late with deliveries but I do hear of the nightmares. Be patient and persistent. When delayed, work the processes that the USPS has in place. Talk to your local Post Office and make sure they are aware of the problems.  They can't fix it if they don't know about it. They actually can drill down to the pallet of mail with your tracking number to see if it has been processed or where it may be sitting. This from a retired Postmaster of 33 years and 20+ year eBay seller. Have a good day. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

about half the packages I mail out sit at my local post office for 2 days before moving.  I've extended my handling time but i still have a ton of item not received cases.  It's pretty frustrating, and USPS is zero help if you mail first class.  I was basically told the package hasn't move in days so we're pretty sure it's lost.  no refund of the postage or ability to file a claim since it's not insured.  

anyone know of any recourse on first class mail packages?  I feel I should at least get the postage amount back since it wasn't delivered.  

Message 8 of 8
latest reply