cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS shipping problem

Hi,

When I bought my item, the estimated delivery time was 5-7 days. It has been 10 days and is currently in "ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) " for the past 5 days. This is what is says on the website,  

"April 24, 2017, 8:50 pm Processed Through Facility ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)   

Your item was processed through our ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) facility on April 24, 2017 at 8:50 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

Does that mean that it's currently out of the facility and coming to the shipping address? 

Im new to this so advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: USPS shipping problem

Yes the package is enroute. USPS doesn't scan it every step of the way. I just had one come from the UK through San Francisco and it did have scans when it went to the SF PO after customs and when it left but it's not uncommon for those scans to be missed

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The best way to get a "stalled" package moving is to go to USPS.com and enter the tracking number, AND in the right hand column, set up text updates for all movement.  Apparently USPS has some kind of alert and this usually gets packages moving again.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

That's a hub for international shipping.  It's gone through the process, now it's going to take its journey to your customs.  It might be waiting to hitch a ride or already in a bin at your processing center waiting its turn.

International shipping can go surprising fast but it can also go stupidly slow for no apparent reason.  The stars have to align just right for super speed Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Just because tracking says the package has reached ISC New York does not guarantee it will get to you, especially during November through January. About five years ago during that time, with about 25% of my incoming overseas orders the packages arriving at ISC New York the tracking record would dead-end right there and my incoming packages would never be delivered to me. I lost hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars with missing incoming overseas orders never being delivered after confirmed arrival at ISC New York. Reporting the non-delivery problem did little good ... USPS would say the problem is with U.S. Customs, and U.S. Customs would say the problem is with USPS. No response ever received after providing tracking numbers and asking USPS to track down my packages. So, who was making off with my valuable incoming packages arriving at ISC New York from Europe and the U.K.?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I have shipped over a thousand packages and received many times that amount. With the exception of one damaged package received (totally inadequate packing on the senders part), I have had no problems whatsoever. Had one outgoing package delayed due to the addressees sudden move, and the for mentioned damaged incoming package. Many of my packages have traveled through New York without issue.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply