cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS shipping fees are charged to my Visa but UPS/FedEx fees come from my available funds. Why?

I have my Visa set as the preferred method of payment for all fees.

When I buy a USPS label, it is charged to my Visa, but UPS/FedEx are not - they get deducted from my available funds.

Why is this?

Just called an and agent told me it is because UPS and FedEx charge "when the item is delivered." 

Why should that matter?

This isn't a HUGE deal but I hate seeing my available funds go NEGATIVE, especially like today, when FOUR shipments from three weeks ago finally showed up. Makes no sense.

Can someone explain this to me?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: USPS shipping fees are charged to my Visa but UPS/FedEx fees come from my available funds. Why?

The option @rfmtm is referring to only shows up on USPS order labels......

!ebay-shipping-label-pay-options.jpg

In order to use the same card/account for all my UPS shipping, I had to open an account at pirateship for UPS, where I can use my PP Debit Card. It is simple, and integrates with eBay and offers comm rates too.....

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: USPS shipping fees are charged to my Visa but UPS/FedEx fees come from my available funds. Why?

I, too, like to try and keep my bookkeeping to a minimum, and utilizing 1 credit card for all my shipping is the easiest way to do that.

I had to take my UPS and FedX options off the options from eBay shipping labels, and go off-site to continue to pay with that single credit card....

I could not find a way to get them to not use available funds for those options (USPS is still an option at the bottom of the label page)

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hey Monica, thanks for your reply. This seems odd. If we select a credit card for payment of the fees, ALL FEES should be charged to the credit card. Makes no sense!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

If you want all shipping to go to a card, then at the bottom of the create label page select, PayPal rather than your account.  Then on PayPal select your credit card for ebay shipping charges.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for the reply, I'm not seeing that option on the page, what am I missing? This is an order I am shipping today, probably via another carrier, to avoid this nonsense.
oUntitled-1.png

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

The option @rfmtm is referring to only shows up on USPS order labels......

!ebay-shipping-label-pay-options.jpg

In order to use the same card/account for all my UPS shipping, I had to open an account at pirateship for UPS, where I can use my PP Debit Card. It is simple, and integrates with eBay and offers comm rates too.....

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Appears that option has been removed for UPS/FedEx.  Best advice it to use your own UPS account, or for the best discounts, plus lower cost services not offered on ebay, open a free PirateShip account.  It imports from ebay, uploads tracking, and allows you to use the your credit card.  Best part you don't have ebay involved and you pay up front based on accurate quotes, so no surprise surcharges later.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply