cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS shipping delay (still in transit)

The package I ordered shipped on January 27 and was supposed to arrive on February  1 by the latest. The most recent update on ebay that I got was on Feb 1 which said that my package arrived at the usps facility of the town that I live in. So I thought that my package would come in  a day or two. But unfortunately it got delayed and i checked on the usps website that my package is still in transit and it will be arriving late. The last update I got on usps was on Feb 5 where it was still in transit (and that was a week ago). So i'm confused on what exactly should I do since the seller isnt responding to me even though I sent them a question. Do i file a missing mail request to usps or do i call customer service. Or maybe I could just wait it out to see if my package really is coming late.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

What was the latest date on the Estimated Delivery Date that eBay sent you when the package shipped?  You can file a Item Not Received case that day after that date.  

Since you know the package was shipped and creeping your way, it would be nice to just wait for it to arrive and save your seller some pain. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@poke-4467 

If you don't get your package next week, go to the resolution center below and select, I didn't get my item.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

What was the latest date on the Estimated Delivery Date that eBay sent you when the package shipped?  You can file a Item Not Received case that day after that date.  

Since you know the package was shipped and creeping your way, it would be nice to just wait for it to arrive and save your seller some pain. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@poke-4467 

Yeah, there are still places in the system where the backlog exists and packages are backed up & slow.

I have had packages come into my town, sit a week, and then get shipped out to a town (regional center) 20-miles away, only to eventually get delivered to my local PO, some how by passing the local distribution center. 

So what you are seeing is "normal" at this point.  USPS has HUGE volumes of packages, exceeding the "peak" volumes from prior years and that is every month!  So they are doing the best they can with high volumes, workers out sick with COVID and other in quarantine.

So yeah, you can file an INR case right away.  However, since there has been movement in the last 10-days, eBay probably will give you a 10-business day "hold period" before you can ask eBay to step in.

So item is not lost and will eventually get delivered.  I know it seems like trite advice but just be patient!  After all these are unusually times!

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 1.15.15 PM.png

Volumes in Dec2020 were 1.1 Billion packages!  Volume has eased a bit, but still much higher than "normal!"

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I shipped a package from my local post office on 1/8/21 in Monroe Township, NJ.  The package was going to Philadelphia, PA (1 hour from my home)  It is 2/13/21 and package is still in transit.  I've called the 800ASKUSPS line to have a rep send an email to the last distribution center he showed my package at which I'm not sure it it was the correct one because on the USPS tracking site it showed my package scanned in Newark, NJ on 1/17/21 at 1237pm and also in Kearny, NJ on the same date at 1237pm.  So where is it???  I was told to submit a "find my missing mail" report on the website.  The rep said if items fell out of package they would go to the mail recovery center in GA.  **bleep**??? I could have driven this package to Philly quicker!!  EBAY needs to cut ties with USPS.  This is not the 1st time I've had issues with shipments, my husband and son, who are also sellers have had similar experiences.  Ebay needs to negotiate better pricing with FEDEX and UPS and say goodbye to USPS because their service is horrific!!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You are absolutely correct. **bleep** **bleep** **bleep** **bleep** **bleep** **bleep** **bleep** **bleep** **bleep**

Message 6 of 6
latest reply