cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS misdelivered package I ordered to a different state. How screwed am I? Is refund possible?

On 7/22/18 I ordered an item from China. The seller provided me the tracking number UM602830815CN.  When I bought the Item, I had entered my address which is in NY (both eBay and paypal receipt confirm this).

on 8/4/18 the package arrived to ISC NY. Then on 8/12/18, for some reason the package arrived in Florida and on 8/13/18, someone in Pompano Beach Florida got my package that was supposed to arrive here in New york.

How is this is even possible? I provided the correct address... Yet for some reason the USPS misdelivered the package to Florida. How can you mix up Flordia and New York? Both aren't even close to each other, but in different parts of the country...

I went to the local post office, but they refused to help or do anything (one of their employees even laughed at this). I tried calling USPS customer service, but after 2 hours on the phone, no one even answered.

Please help and give advice. What should I do in this case? Can I get a paypal refund for this? I provided the correct address yet for some reason USPS decided to misdeliver this package to the other side of the country... I don't want to lose my money and not get the item I ordered.

Heres a screenshot of the eBay tracking for the item: Tracking infoTracking infoI entered a NY address yet USPS misdelivered the package to FloridaI entered a NY address yet USPS misdelivered the package to Florida

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: USPS misdelivered package I ordered to a different state. How screwed am I? Is refund possible?

Open an Item Not Received Request (INR).  The item must be delivered to YOUR zipcode, so the seller in this case is on the hook to get the item to you or to refund you.  The seller can pursue USPS to try to get some sort of refund.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: USPS misdelivered package I ordered to a different state. How screwed am I? Is refund possible?

Open an Item Not Received Request (INR).  The item must be delivered to YOUR zipcode, so the seller in this case is on the hook to get the item to you or to refund you.  The seller can pursue USPS to try to get some sort of refund.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I'll try that. Though i'm not able to open the case yet for some reason. Do I have to wait for 8/14/18?

NY.png

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You may have to wait until the day after the last estimated delivery date, but you could try calling CS and see what they say.  We've seen plenty of reports of buyers being able to open INRs as soon as things ship so check the website carefully because there must be some way to do it.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You can probably open it up today.

It was delivered on the 13th and you tried to open that same day - maybe the full system (MBG portion) hadn't caught up yet to the Delivered status.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

If you ordered from a China based seller you were probably already screwed before they even shipped it.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply