cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Transit Times

Is it me or have all USPS classes been taking longer lately. It's been this way for a good 6 or so months.

Packages that used to take 2 or 3 days are now taking 3 or 4 days respectively.

Your thoughts...

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: USPS Transit Times

I haven't seen that with packages I've sent or received.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

The packages I send get their faster.  The packages I receive-a couple take a long time, but most are fine.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Shipped an item via Priority Mail on Sat. June 2 from GA to Arizona - delivered  Mon. June 4.   Better than  the 3 day delivery time expected.

Reallly haven't seen a slowing of delivery times for USPS Priority or First Class Package mail - maybe  a day or  2 longer than estimated  near Christmas time but that is to be expected.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

My dispute is mainly with Priority mail which has been taking, on average, 5 days for my shipments, counting the day it is picked up.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Don't count day of pick-up or day of delivery. Ever!

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@duchess-at-speakeasy wrote:
Don't count day of pick-up or day of delivery. Ever!

~~C~~

Why? If the discussion is "transit" time, i.e. the amount of time in transit?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

For me, First Class Package to the West Coast is taking only 2-3 days. To the East Coast though, especially Northeast, it usually takes a day or 2 longer. Many more USPS facilities the further East you go and a lot more facility-to-facility action causing slower delivery times. But I suppose this should be normal and expected. Another thing that maybe some people don't know, Priority Mail is NOT any better or faster than First Class. It's the same class of mail. Priority should only be used for packages that are too heavy for First Class. If you're using Priority for a lightweight package you're overspending because there's a drastic price jump from First Class to Priority. Just more $ for USPS pockets if using Priority unnecessarily. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I just shipped two priority packages that were picked up on May 30 and delivered on June 4. Given that May has 31 days, by my math, that's 5 days.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Have shipped over 1500  eBay packages since 2010 via Priority Mail and  have not had more than a handful that  weren't delivered within  3 days.  Even packages shipped to Guam from GA delivered within  4 days,  Hawaii within 3 days.  Did have 2 packages that were lost both at the same sort facility in Jamaica, NY.

Guess I'm just lucky.

As I like to say "Some days you're a diamond, some days  just a chunk of coal"

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 10 of 10
latest reply