cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

Anyone else got USPS SHORT Paid Fee charges today even for FedEx packages??... I got a series of charges totalling over $500 today...some as high as $85. Extra Charges even on standard USPS region A box shipments under 15 pounds. It just doesn't make sense... Am I alone here. Hello!! CS said they could not make sense of it either.

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

True fact. I noticed the same digging around last night...also unlike UPS...FEDEX is engaging in extensive package measurement and weight exaggeration. Case in point, I purchase 90% of my boxes from Uline...which are fairly accurate when you measure them....but somehow when they get to FedEx processing they suddenly "grow" an inch or 2..in one of my Paid Fee packages..actually grew 5 inches [20x10x10 to 25x12x11]...such small discrepancies can cost a lot of money. My appeal is for the eBay FedEx liaison to voice our grievances... Otherwise, I think if the trend persists..no fair play...then it would be appropriate to consider collecting signatures for an eBay FedEx boycott until they fix their systems. Currently I am migrating all my bulk shipments to UPS...simple research of the packages details at delivery seem to march at higher percentage than what FedEx is presenting.

D857BC31-390C-4944-B2D0-21B0D85AEB9D.jpeg

6DC2703C-4CAC-4FD0-9FD3-5C284C2D2A30.jpeg

Message 31 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

So my dear friend "expert" I just got message from eBay stated everything is fine and charges are ok, it was only mess with labels....oh, than on the end of message was "as always thank you for selling on eBay" ..we will see about that. I will not accept this outcome from eBay...I should trust your message without any proof...any valid proof....shame, nothing except shame. 

Message 32 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

Bravo ....you are one of sellers who just discover hot water.... scale doesn't have anything with something like "extra" charge...My scale is perfect !!! And I personally drop each package in FedEx store, wait until FedEx person weight package and issue me extra invoice...you think they will accept package if size and weight is wrong ?? My God !!! I have to believe eBay just because they wrote message with "sorry" ... you better believe your eyes, than their words . 

Message 33 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

I am sorry, but what are you talking about zip codes ?? Are you working for eBay ? Why you are confusing members?? If you are selling one Ebay you will use "shipping label" ebay site, you will print label on eBay site  ...is that correct ?? So, buyers address is the one he provide to eBay and eBay have on record...correct?? You are using "service" provided by eBay, to print your label. If anything is wrong especially with zip code you are "NOT" able to ship label...so that can not be issue.  You can try to cheat on size and weight (not unusual for scammers, I am sure) but USPS will simply "return' parcel to sender, and they will have to pay again.. Question here is how I ship label for FedEx, use FedEx delivery service and this shortage was "collected" by USPS...Did eBay  sent you anything to prove it's just label mix ??? ....So, please do not mix apples and oranges here, trying to mislead people. I said this.... extra charges which occurs almost two months after shipping are NOT RIGHT, period !! They admit (eBay) whole situation was glitch, and now just wait until somebody take time, pen and calculator and figure out again where money for extra shipping went. My record page show clearly payments for my three packages went through and total charge was around $53.00 ,,,,month and half after I was charge again $47.00 by USPS (???)...if my total cost which was taken now is $47.00 for service I use in December,  how i don't see difference (discount) of $6.00 back to my account....who took that money...where that difference go ?? So,  play numbers and figure out your loss...i already did that, and I was probably the first one who spent 3 hours talking with eBay...until then, thank you for selling one eBay !!!

Message 34 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

Well said my friend...the only thing I never get answer is how my FedEx cost in December go under USPS short fee in February...never get answer l...the thing is, sellers in each situation is screwed...period.  I am dealing with this since 1999...have before "reasonable" disputes but never ever won... this time is little bit more about honesty and dignity. Good luck

Message 35 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

BRAVO !!!  Absolutely right...

Message 36 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

I just received a "Short-paid fee" on a returned item and spend 40 minutes on the phone disputing it, since this was a remorse reason the buyer paid for return shipping label is what they told me but I received a "short-paid fee" on the same return item for the exact shipping cost. The first agent said its because I owe USPS money? Which does not make any sense, my item was clearly under 4 oz and that is what the  correct price I paid for Ebay shipping label over 2 weeks ago,  she rudely placed me on hold and someone from the Selling team came on, he proceed to tell me that he will contact USPS and try to resolve with them placed me on hold for less than 1 minutes and credit me back. Honestly we all make mistakes, including Ebay, a simple

truthful statement would of been appreciated, instead of faulty  excuses. Thank you

Message 37 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

@jamhuritech , YOU ARE CORRECT!   And the problem is you cannot argue a case with a shipping company (or FedEx in this instance).  You cannot prove you are correct and they are not. 
It almost appears that somewhere, some scales were set to metric.  OR, route owners deciding to cheat customers to get more per package. Since they know we can't do anything about it. 
AS you, I'm going strictly UPS. For awhile anyway.  Most times they are cheaper anyway.

Message 38 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

I was charged again, short fee on same item I was charge before...this is not right for sure...on the top of $47 for three packages I was charged almost $12 again....WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE FOR GOD SAKE !!! 

Message 39 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

I sent one package first class, I guess it weighed over 1 lb.  with 3 items form a multi item listin

For short pay fee I was charged $4.50 x 3 not just $4.50 for the one package, I was overcharged $9,

I have followed the steps here to see what happens

I'm not disputing the original $4.50 but the fact they charged that on all 3 items in 1 box

Message 40 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

USPS would not charge you per item; they would charge you whatever was the difference between what you paid vs what the postage for the actual weight (via Priority Mail) would be.  If that's a multiple of the original, then that's just a coincidence.   

Message 41 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

I paid $12.45 for 16 oz package and I received a short paid fee for an additional $4.60 and I didn't use FedEx I only use USPS priority mail.  So why would I get this fee?   I also take my packages to the post office who verify the weight is correct.

Message 42 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

$12.45 is the retail Priority Mail postage to ship a 2-pound package to Zone 5, and ($12.45 + 4.60 😃 $17.05 is the cost to ship it to Zone 8.  The most common cause of a Zone issue is when the return address/"Shipping from" ZIP Code is different from the ZIP Code where the package was actually mailed.

I'm curious about (1) how were you informed of this fee, and (2) why you purchase your postage at the PO counter rather than through eBay which would be cheaper.

Message 43 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

Message 44 of 44
latest reply