cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

Anyone else got USPS SHORT Paid Fee charges today even for FedEx packages??... I got a series of charges totalling over $500 today...some as high as $85. Extra Charges even on standard USPS region A box shipments under 15 pounds. It just doesn't make sense... Am I alone here. Hello!! CS said they could not make sense of it either.

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

Same here. It is insane 

Message 16 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone - I have heard from our shipping team on this:

Some charges for FedEx labels were incorrectly titled “USPS Short Paid Fee.” These are newly invoiced fees for FedEx labels and the description reflects the correct FedEx tracking number and charges. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused. Members impacted will be receiving an additional  eBay message with more detail. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

I'm looking at these fees I got in detail...I got 19 of them in about 10 minutes between 2:43AM and 2:55AM (Pacific time).  What's weird is if I go into my shipping labels history they do show up as paid (one example was a typewriter that was $24.58 to ship), but when I search my transaction history for shipping label fees all the Fedex labels are missing for stuff bought in December, and to go back to my example, the typewriter label does not show up.  The "USPS" Short Paid Fee for the typewriter was $22.42.  It only went from PA to NY, so the shipping was definitely not $47.

Message 18 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

Seems there was a post back a bit that some "regional rate" boxes were barcoded incorrectly by the printer, and resulted it the box not being recognized as the "regional rate" box that it said it was.

May not be your issue, but may be a good idea to take a look at the barcodes.

Message 19 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

Actually I double checked and this is mostly a FedEx related issue...all my 13 Ship fees are FedEx even though they're labeled USPS...what I can't understand is how a $32 package ended up costing $85..??? Something is not right regardless. Do we need to contact FedEx directly...the problem is last time I checked when you call FedEx about a package whose label was purchased on eBay...they defer to eBay for answers. This Ping-pong is not good for business..

Message 20 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

Usually when I print the label the Fedex estimate I get is within $1 of what I actually get billed a few weeks later.  I do all my accounting manually so I always have to go back into my spreadsheet and change the shipping fee by a few cents.  I have started using UPS here and there and they are always EXACT between the estimate and the actual billed amount.

The fees I got look to all be lower than what the shipping estimate was, but this time they are between $1 and $4 less than what was estimated...good thing I didn't start my taxes yet!  Also, for those of us with daily payouts guess what...money is getting taken out of our bank accounts tomorrow!  Make sure you have enough in there!!

Message 21 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

Definitely switching to UPS after this unacceptable mess. Thankfully I have been moving away from FedEx since of late their prices are a dollars higher than UPS.

Message 22 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

I did, I was on the chat with representative for near 3 hours...no resolution. They charge me $47.01 additional for three packages shipped by FedEx in December (?????). So, $47.00 on the top of $53.43 ...no help from ebay,  took me three hours to "pull out word from shift manager" , "yes we have glitch" ...great, and after almost month and half I was charged 47 bucks, and you have a glitch ????? How come whenever you have a glitch we paid ??. No help from eBay and they said I should look my transaction sheet...And yes, I did ...and I find I was charged $53.43 for packages !!! Print all info and went to FedEx office I use for shipping...all necessary info is printed, three hours of chat, transaction number, cost, time and day...just in case ....also around 10;08 pm ET tonight message pop up on the top of eBay page was confirming there was (still probably is) problem with USPS SHORT PAID FEE....What ??? I did not even use USPS for shipping  !!! My packages was sent by FedEx !!! I feel like somebody just pull out money from my wallet and run. I close all my auctions, all items for sale until eBay solve this problem. I personally think, they don't care at all. I would like if some of "experts" drop a line here or send me a message and at least try to apologize. Ughhh, I don't think they will. Good luck sellers, as always we are......

Message 23 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

Wow, thank you for head up....BTW, you are late at least 18 hours !!! Are you planing to refund any money they charge sellers through your eBay shipping page ?? Will be nice.....What I am talking about for God sake...eBay is here to take money not to give money to sellers. Right ??? Thank you for "GLITCH" ...cost me $47.01 !!!

Message 24 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

I am so upset! Got extra charges for FedEx too! I Roundup on weight and on package size this is ridiculous.

They just took all the profit out of my sales. Something is definitely wrong here like I said I round up on all packages weight and size.  HELP. Can't get ahold of them right now either and they're taking out of my account overnight I imagine!  EBay's calculator must be wrong in the website is all I can figure. Grrrrrrr

Message 25 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

WOW.....When I see $500 I feel lucky with my $47.01.....soooooooory I just posted my comment here. I was on the live chat this morning for 3 hours...as always, not help from eBay...it's sad, very very sad.

Message 26 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

I feel your pain. We are in the same boat. These shipment discrepancies SHOULD BE RESOLVED as soon as a package is delivered since that's when FedEx requests payments from eBay...WHY SHOULD THEY WAIT OVER TWO months before bringing up the ISSUES...WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FEES WE PAID IN THE FIRST PLACE WHEN DELIVERIES WERE MADE.....ARE WE PAYING THE DIFFERENCE OR THESE CURRENT CHARGES ARE IN ADDITION TO THE ORIGINAL CHARGES... can a moderator clear the air on this....

Message 27 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

Nope, you are wrong. Go to FedEx and check !!

Message 28 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

I am still disturbed. These shipment discrepancies SHOULD BE RESOLVED as soon as a package is delivered since that's when FedEx requests payments from eBay...WHY SHOULD THEY WAIT OVER TWO months before bringing up the ISSUES...WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FEES WE PAID IN THE FIRST PLACE WHEN DELIVERIES WERE MADE.....ARE WE PAYING THE DIFFERENCE OR THESE CURRENT CHARGES ARE IN ADDITION TO THE ORIGINAL CHARGES... can a moderator kindly clear the air on this....

Message 29 of 44
latest reply

USPS SHORT PAID FEE

I've got 40 of them. All lined up nicely to the tune of $1200.  SO, here's my best GUESS (just like the guesses I've been getting from eBay reps).  Except, mine is based on a little bit of digging/research.
1) FedEx doesn't even begin to bill ya until after the package is delivered. See this on my personal FedEx account. The charge may come a week to two weeks later.
2) I picked out one of these SHORT FEE NOTICES on an item that I knew cost over $100 to ship and began to research it.  (the short fee charge on 2/10/22 was $117.00).  And, as shocking as the rest of my "list" looks....it appears they are charging me an ADDITIONAL $117.00.
3) I went back in Shipping Labels and found the initial Label and the estimated cost was $119.00.
4) I downloaded my "paid" SHIPPING ONLY report.  Started looking when this item was shipped, and stopped looking on todays date.  I found NO shipping charge that I had paid for over $100.00.
5) My "BEST GUESS": Is that FedEx, for whatever reason, did not bill eBay (me) for quite a few shipments going back to Nov/Dec/Jan.  I mean, not at all.  And I never noticed it.  SO, they correct it all in one day and it flat out blows my mind because I don't understand any of it.
6)......I could be wrong. That SHIPPING report is confusing as can be.  As I find almost ALL of eBays reports to be.  BUT...based on past experience and I mean 30+ YEARS of experience dealing with ANY and ALL shipping companies?  Most attempts at Justice are Futile. It's your word against theirs. If you don't pay them what they "say", they drop you and turn a collection agency on you.  And proof usually gets you nowhere.  
It's not worth the time and trouble.  You can make that money back doing what you do....far faster and easier than trying to get it back from a shipping company.  Not to mention the stress. 
7) It may not be right, but battling a shipping company generally never turns out in your favor.
AND.....even eBay has basically told me to go pound sand.
😎In the last year or so, FedEx has gotten STUPID expensive. They used to be reasonable, but now when I compare with UPS...Most times UPS is cheaper.  So, I'm dropping FedEx for awhile.  I'm sure my local route driver will be the only one that notices, but...I'll have a little better peace of mind.

Message 30 of 44
latest reply