cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Media Mail isn’t available for some categories - Email from Ebay

I just received this email from ebay and it lists categories that qualify for Media Mail - textbooks, dvds and blu-rays, and ...books. 😕 I'm confused. Is this a glitch? It's basically telling me all of my media mail listings don't qualify anymore. Then there is a link to a survey that doesn't work. I'm wondering if this is some sort of mistake.

If I can't ship Media Mail on ebay, I'll just go to Pirate Ship so they'll be losing my money on that...

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello! It appears this email was sent with incorrect categories and/or listings. Given the USPS determines the eligibility of items that may be shipped using Media Mail - the email was intended to provide a heads up of sorts, for any sellers that may have been offering it incorrectly. We're not blocking any new/additional categories though, and you can expect to receive a corrected email soon. Thanks!

Velvet,
eBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@tori_729 

tyler@ebay

Same here - all I sell are items that qualify for media:  books, textbooks, CDs or DVDs - period.  As far as I know the USPS did not change the definition of "media".   And the "survey" asks for the "US category name" but really wants an email address, so I couldn't get it to work either.   Hopefully we get some answers on this quickly.  

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

According to the email I received my listings in the following category:

Category name:  BOOKS & MAGAZINES:BOOKS

are no longer eligible for USPS Media Mail via eBay Labels.

I will contact eBay customer service. Every seller who received this email should do the same.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

magazines are not media mail so you are not supposed to be offering it for them

medial mail with  magazines cant be offered together on ebay

if you want to offer postage for magazines it will need to be different

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@1tuna wrote:

magazines are not media mail so you are not supposed to be offering it for them

medial mail with  magazines cant be offered together on ebay

if you want to offer postage for magazines it will need to be different

We aren't selling magazines. If you read the category, the category is Books & Magazines and the subcategory is BOOKS. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Same here too..all my listings that qualify for media mail is correct. Thanks for tagging ebay on your post for some kind of clarification.  I checked the usps website and nothing changed under media mail qualifications 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@tori_729 

You are right, and it's eBay who changed the category name to include magazines.  Obviously, magazines should be in it's own category if they can't be shipped with the same service as other media mail qualifying items such as books, CDs, and DVDs - another wonderful category change instituted by eBay which is not helping this situation at all.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Hello! It appears this email was sent with incorrect categories and/or listings. Given the USPS determines the eligibility of items that may be shipped using Media Mail - the email was intended to provide a heads up of sorts, for any sellers that may have been offering it incorrectly. We're not blocking any new/additional categories though, and you can expect to receive a corrected email soon. Thanks!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for the clarification!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply