cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Lost packages

Has anyone been having USPS loose several packages recently? I have had 3 package lost reports this week. All 3 show departures from random hubs all over the US (not just one region) and never appear again  with a week since any update from the day they reported using USPS First Class. At this rate I am starting to get upset.  I don't expect USPS to refund the full amount but if they are failing to do what I pay them to do (deliever a package) I at least expect my shipping cost refunded. I don't think I should have to end up paying $8 to ship a $12 order just to get insurance. 

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: USPS Lost packages

East coast is having weather problem.

without insurance,the best you can do is to ask USPS to find the packages,do it online.

You can buy insurance from third party insuers like U-PIC or Ship insurance,they are often cheaper,except jewelry

Put lime in the coconut and call me in the morning !
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

USPS won't refund postage unless it is for Express Mail and it isn't delivered on time.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I am going to have to stop using USPS and switch to Fedex or UPS, several of my packages have gotten lost or ''damaged'' 2 of the packages that were supposedly, damaged had perfectly cut square cuts into the packages. Luckily, I had insurance and refunded the buyer, but this Is getting ridiculous!

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Prioirty Mail is ten times more reliable than first class when it comes to lost packages. Signature tracked packages using Priority Mail also extremely reliable. No lost items for us. 

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@sam9876wrote:

USPS won't refund postage unless it is for Express Mail and it isn't delivered on time.

Not entirely accurate.

USPS will refund postage if package was insured or registered or COD, AND if package is lost.  See para 5.4 here:

https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/609.htm

"If the insured, registered, or COD article is lost the payment includes an additional amount for the postage (not fee) paid by the sender. Postage for Priority Mail Express is refunded under 604.9.5."

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

OP doesn't have any insured, registered, or COD packages.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@sam9876wrote:

OP doesn't have any insured, registered, or COD packages.

My post was not intended for the OP, it was intended for anyone who might wander into this thread and see your statement as a "stand-alone" item and think it was a summary of USPS policy.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

If you think USPS is bad with damage and lost packages wait till you give the other two a try.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I ship off the East coast however the 3 packages have all gotten to seperate geographical hubs (2 in MidWest) before they go MIA.

I have search requests out for all 3 but this is ridiculous. I understand not reimbursing the value inside the package but if I pay for the service and you fail to provide the service I should get the cost of that service back.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

If all of this happened this week, how do you know the packages are lost? It’s too soon to tell. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Should follow up that all 3 reports came in this week. The packages have not been scanned in for 7 or more days. All three had been shipped out within the last few weeks with the oldest handed over to USPS on 3/9. 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@tnbaker0wrote:

Should follow up that all 3 reports came in this week. The packages have not been scanned in for 7 or more days. All three had been shipped out within the last few weeks with the oldest handed over to USPS on 3/9. 

Oh ok, thanks for the follow up! The way the OP reads, it sounded like all 3 were shipped this week 🙂

yes definitely cause for concern here. I hope they turn up soon!

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I hope so too. Im giving it until Monday but either way I loose a case because the item arrives late by no fault of my own.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I haven't had any lost packages but USPS have been extremely messy.  I had 2 packages sent from a place 60 miles to the south of me.  One arrived 2 days later and other was almost 5 weeks later.  I sent a package to someone about 600 miles away, it went through 8 states and spent a month in Georgia before it was finally delivered. The shipping label buyer provided was still clear and intact with no stamp or note from USPS, and the address was correct so USPS had no reason to "lose" the package for a month.

And half of other pages were arriving a week past estimated delivery date.  Even when there's no weather issue between shipper and reciever, USPS somehow screws up and sends Priority mail using snail carrier.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply