cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global shipping program problems

Hello, it’s practically impossible for me to contact actual eBay staff about this issue soo hope someone here knows... I ordered a roof molding for my 2011 Prius Back in January from USA, I live in Norway. So that’s where therbay global shipping pro ram comes in. The seller has sent it to I think it’s “erklanger” or some which is the global shipping program center where they send out stuff to other countries. But it has been 2 months and it’s still not here?, I have contacted the seller, they have for sure sent it correct since it says it has delivered to the global shipping center, but I can’t get any more information of the whereabouts since the shipping code the seller gave me doesn’t belong to any of the “famous” shipping companies. The seller can only help with providing the global shipping number/code and say “u ordered it threw a 3rd party shipping company” or some. Anyone who knows why it’s taking so long? And if it is gone, who the heck do I contact? eBay doesn’t seem to give a **bleep**... even tho it’s their shipping program. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@birgithagellein

If the seller sent the package to Erlanger, Kentucky, that is the US shipping depot for the Global Shipping Program. It is run by Pitney Bowes, and the international tracking number would be from them.

You should be able to see the PB tracking number and the current status of the package in your purchase history. The tracking number usually starts with UA or UB. If you copy and paste the number here, I may be able to find more information about it for you.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Hello, thanks, this should be the tracking number 

it does not not show up in purchase history. Only the first tracking number which came from the seller themselves 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@birgithagellein

If you can, you should file an item not received claim through ebay. If it has been more than 30 days since the estimated arrival date it is likely too late to open a claim here. If you paid through Paypal open one there.  If you do that, contact PP as well because sometimes they don't recognize that it is a gsp claim and refuse the claim because the item shows delivered in Kentucky.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

why not contact the seller and see if he can track it down for you?

the seller is off the hook sinc tracking shows it has been delivered to ERLINGER,KENTUCKY

But if he is a good seller,he would inquire for you.

There is a limit on size,if GSP cannot ship it,it will refund you and turn it over to some local dealer to liquidate.

ask your seller to find out

Put lime in the coconut and call me in the morning !
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@birgithagelleinwrote:

it does not not show up in purchase history. Only the first tracking number which came from the seller themselves 

USPS tracking https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction shows it was delivered JAN 7,2018,USPS priority mail.

Excuse me,pardon my ignorance,can you send a Prius  back mold using priority mail,how big is it ?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@tofu107wrote:

why not contact the seller and see if he can track it down for you?

the seller is off the hook sinc tracking shows it has been delivered to ERLINGER,KENTUCKY

But if he is a good seller,he would inquire for you.

There is a limit on size,if GSP cannot ship it,it will refund you and turn it over to some local dealer to liquidate.

ask your seller to find out

The buyer actually needs to contact the GSP. The gsp will send the buyer the new tracking number not the seller. It’s easiest for the buyer to find out what’s going on since the seller only has to ship to the KY. Everything that happens after that is between the buyer and the GSP.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I know,but a good seller would help by doing his part,buyer is in Norway.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

They absolutely should.  The seller can see the USPS and the Pitney Bowes tracking which should have the local country shipper in it.  I checked on one of these for a buyer in Brazil today.  She didn't know how.  I was able to tell her that her item had cleared customs Friday which satisfied her that she would get it soon.  This one was also nearly a month in customs.  

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@birgithagelleinwrote:

Yes, that is the USPS number, which shows that the package was delivered to the GSP shipping depot on Jan7.

Once it has been processed there, Pitney Bowes assigns their own tracking # starting with something like UA or UB. That should be available in the Purchase History. YOu may have to click on "Switch to old purchase history" to see the full tracking details.

If you can't find a PB tracking #, then they probably rejected the item for international shipping, and refunded you. Have you checked your PayPal or credit card account to see if you got a refund back in January?

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Mhmm? No they have not refounded me at all, and the seller told me that A “agent” was sending my package to me. I did check my paypal a few days ago and saw no refounds. 

And yes, from what I know the roof molding can be sent. According to ebay atleast... it’s like 70-80 cm long and like 2 cm wide lol. 

I just don’t understand where it may be? Is it blocked by the customs in Norway? Or USA? Is it to large to go with a normal... whatever they ship it with and they have rescheduled it so it comes with another bigger vehicle at a later time?. The seller can’t help me at all, only thing he can provide is the shipping number they got when they delivered it. And on the “old purchase history” it doesn’t say anything else then “delivered on 7th of January” which is so incorrect...

Message 11 of 11
latest reply