cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Invoice

IMG_1480.jpg

Hi Guys,

I received an invoice today for $92.69 and have no idea why.  The invoice is vague.  I will find out on Monday what's the issue but was wondering if any of you have ever received something like this from USPS.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: USPS Invoice

That sure is vague. I've never seen anything like it. Did you void a label and then use it? Get a refund or insurance claim for a lost item, which later showed up? Are you sure it's really from USPS -- what did the delivery envelope look like? Where is the payment supposed to be sent?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Check your label management page for that tracking number.

Doing so might help a bit.

USPS tracking shows:

Label created, not yet in system

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I think you've stumped the panel. I use USPS exclusively and have never seen anything like that. My best guess would be an insurance issue, too. Good luck with that... and let us know what you find out!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I figured out the issue.  It's for a claim that was deemed lost because the tracking didn't update after almost 4 weeks.

After USPS paid my claim, tracking updated three days later and was delivered.  It took almost 4 weeks for a 2-day priority package to go 100 miles.  I already refunded the buyer thinking the item was lost.

I hope I can fight this.  Have any of you guys dealt with something similar?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I want credit for my guess, "Get a refund or insurance claim for a lost item, which later showed up?" above.

Anyway, if they paid off the insurance but the item wasn't really lost, then they do have a reasonable claim to get that money back from you. And in turn it would be reasonable for you to expect the buyer to pay for the item, but that's not going to be easy.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I noticed for my old USPS labels  I have the same issue, Label created, not yet in the system

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Yeah I probably have to chalk this one as price of doing business.  Appreciate all of your help.  \

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@sfc_auto_parts wrote:

Yeah I probably have to chalk this one as price of doing business.  Appreciate all of your help.  \

I seem to recall this getting discussed before, maybe a year or two ago now. Frankly, I would tell them to pound sand.

They are the ones who lost it; they are the ones who paid up for doing so. The fact that they found it later on does not compensate for their previous foulup.

How much longer do they think they have to find a package and demand their settlement back after conceding to pay it? A month? A year? A settlement is a settlement. Period, end of claim.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

i will plead my case on Monday and totally agree with what you're saying.  At the same time highly unlikely they'll bend over backwards for me

Message 10 of 10
latest reply