cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Has Issues RIGHT NOW. Can't Print Labels via Ebay!

Went to print my USPS labels just now and saw the following message:

"Please be aware that USPS is experiencing issues at the moment. We apologise for any inconvenience and if affected, ask that you try again later."

Under each USPS Label choice it says

USPS Priority Mail

Experiencing issues

Have never seen this before! Anyone have info on this issue? Today is LAST day to ship & get by Christmas (theoretically). Geez, what timing!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

MESSAGE has been removed from Label page. Hooray for a short lived mini crisis!

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS Everyone!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I'm having the same issues. I could ship UPS but it would cost a great deal more and I would have to drive out of town to ship it.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Called my Sis who's an eBay seller also. She has seen this message before and was able to print label with no issues. I'm going to try it and will get back...

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I just printed labels on the 13th of December (two days ago). When I shipped the items, it said on the tracking number, "Due to severe weather conditions, some packages may be delayed." Do you think these may be related? 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

"Called my Sis who's an eBay seller also. She has seen this message before and was able to print label with no issues. I'm going to try it and will get back..."

Printed just fine, tracking # there, no issues whatsoever. WTH is this message about then???

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I have this message also, but I went ahead and hit "purchase" label anyway and it worked same as always.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@eye_of_the_tiger  "When I shipped the items, it said on the tracking number, "Due to severe weather conditions, some packages may be delayed." Do you think these may be related?"

Perhaps so, but GEEZ, LEAVE THIS MESSAGE OFF THE LABEL PAGE eBay. Makes it look like we can't print our labels!!!

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Looks like we're going to have to do it the good old way - writing the addresses down with pens. 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

MESSAGE has been removed from Label page. Hooray for a short lived mini crisis!

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS Everyone!

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Had the same issue on a different venue, but it finally went through.  My mail carrier showed up last night at 8:45pm.  Its a mess once again. Probably just mass overload of people trying to ship before today ends.  

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Just ignore the message and hit purchase. It worked fine for me.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@eye_of_the_tiger wrote:

I just printed labels on the 13th of December (two days ago). When I shipped the items, it said on the tracking number, "Due to severe weather conditions, some packages may be delayed." Do you think these may be related? 

Am I the only one who actually wishes they hadn't done that? By all means, have that warning on the tracking of stuff that's going to/through those areas, but I really don't want my buyers who will not be impacted by any of that (i.e., things like ones that are just going straight up or down the East Coast from me) seeing that and getting worried about whether their purchase will arrive on time. Something going from DC to Florida isn't going to be affected by that at all.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Bad weather conditions in one part of the country can affect package deliveries far away because they disrupt airline schedules.  The plane that would have flown your package from DC to FL could be stuck in some other city because of stormy weather. And canceled flights mean backups all around, possibly even less cargo space available for carrying packages.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply