cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS DELAY on HOLIDAYS

FOX 8 - ALERT about extremely poor service by USPS! WE ALL GOT TERRIBLE EXPERINCES FOR HOLIDAYS TIME!
Please see, this problem now all around United States.
https://fox8.com/news/what-is-behind-delays-with-your-mail-delivery-see-what-the-i-team-found/
(WJW) — The FOX 8 I-Team investigated what’s behind delays with your mail delivery, and we had to cut through U.S. Postal Service red tape to get answers.
Seems, by now, everyone has run into trouble getting regular mail delivery.
So, the I-Team tried calling the Postal Service customer service line. But, we found the helpline provides no help. We got the same recorded answer explaining delays in delivery for a couple days and for delays of many days.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

USPS DELAY on HOLIDAYS

"the I-Team tried calling the Postal Service customer service line. But, we found the helpline provides no help."

I got an automatic disconnect.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

USPS DELAY on HOLIDAYS

I just shut down the majority of my auctions due to major delays with facilities in Columbus, OH.  I don't feel like dealing with both clueless eBay AND customers if their packages don't arrive on time, which are triple and even longer in delivery times now.  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

USPS DELAY on HOLIDAYS

Meanwhile, USPS has decided to raise rates during the busy holiday shipping season. More money to ship=Slower Delivery.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

USPS DELAY on HOLIDAYS

I took the 'Time Away - Continue Selling " option for the next 15 days.  It will hurt my sales, but at least I won't be giving stuff away as a result of INR claims.

My last shipments went out Tuesday.  In spite of the reported and admitted USPS delays, USPS continues to publish their dishonest, false, overly optimistic delivery times.  One of my pre-paid USPS priority labels shows 3-day delivery and for 2 days it never left my local post office. 

Most sellers understand the normal Christmas surge, but this year online sales and shipping are way up due to the inability for most people to travel, and Postal Employee resources are thin due to the virus.  It's the perfect storm.  So with all this known, why does the post office continue to publish 2, 3, and 4 day Priority deliveries when they know it ain't gonna' happen, and it screws ebay sellers with INR claims.  I can't afford to be giving stuff away.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

USPS DELAY on HOLIDAYS

We shipped 18,098 (tally from seller hub overview) items from ebay the past 12 months.

I can accept the USPS being 20-30 days on parcels right now,

WHAT I HAVE ISSUE WITH is ebay refunding my buyers and the parcels showing up delivered a few days later

ebay KEEPS the fees I paid and refunds the buyer with MY money and they REFUSE to pay "Appeals"

We got tired of it, jacked up ALL of our prices last week to accommodate the losses and then raised them that much more by switching to 100% UPS vs. USPS over the weekend. We had some switched maybe 2 weeks ago (more expensive stuff) HOPING USPS would get on track but they got worse. Our local hub (Evansville Indiana) has been filling semi trailers with parcels that they can't get freighted out, THEN the FIRST trailers filled are SITTING THERE while they start working from the LAST ones they filled,, IDIOTS!! They should be getting the FIRST trailers emptied,, We have stuff that has not left Evansville and been sitting there since the 20th of November.

So the USPS is POORLY managed, YEAH,, they are working hard but I don't care how many CIRCLES you run as fast as you can,,, you did NOT get ANYWHERE! Got to have some management and they do NOT have that.

We'll see how it plays out, we are a VERY high rated seller and ebay treats us like a port-a-potty

Our website generates more income than ebay for us, I hate to shut down ebay but they have not been giving us much option.

Its quite frustrating wondering how many parcels you drop at USPS that day are going to get refunded by ebay, then be delivered.

I will say UPS has been 1-3 days the past week vs. 3-6 weeks with USPS since 2nd week of November

The problem is by the time we started getting emails and phone calls we had 20 days of shipping out the door ($30,000+) and ebay is CUTTING OUR THROAT with refunds!!!

THAT is the reward you get for being one of their best rated sellers,,,

We mostly use them for advertising anyway and I feel that has run out of value now,,,

You can see our sales are dropping on ebay since we adjusted things to survive, we also stopped "30 day free returns" on every listing. 

We are Top Rated now but that will be plummeting soon 😁😂

It still just BLOWS MY MIND why ebay tries SO HARD to drive their best sellers way,,,

I remember reading an eCommerce article a few years ago and the author was a successful website owner, he basically said you are best off avoiding ebay and Amazon and just spending that time building your own brand and website. I see that point but as I said above we used ebay for advertising and it REALLY helped build our brand and website,, so I guess my add to that article would be USE ebay and when its ran it's course,, dump em or just shove them well off to the side like we just did.

They made about $80,000 of me the past 12 months and they refund my buyers out of MY pocket on delivered items,, YUP,, you WILL know when its time to put ebay off to the side,, they will just keep screaming it at you. 😘

12-15.jpg

Message 6 of 6
latest reply