cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Completely Stalled Causing Major Problems, EBAY Allowing Customers Open Cases Due To USPS

I have packages that are backed almost two weeks going out to buyers, now EBAY is allowing them to open cases knowing that the US Postal Service is completely broken right now!

I also have packages that I have been personally been waiting on for almost a month (product)!

This is to much! I am considering stopping sales until this is worked out, or completely dropping the US Postal Service, COMPLETELY! I am paying to much for shipping to begin with, now I am looking at customers possibly putting holds on funds because of this and possibly filing for refunds, then I'm out the product cost and the shipping cost, NO WAY MAN! NO WAY!

Message 1 of 90
latest reply
89 REPLIES 89

Re: USPS Completely Stalled Causing Major Problems, EBAY Allowing Customers Open Cases Due To USPS

The USPS delayed shipping was not a problem till 2 weeks ago for me.  I have been shipping USPS comfortably all year because cheaper and easiest of 3 mailing options.  eBay sellers cant predict the future.

eBay should work with its customers and give more slack till this settles down.  Sellers cant retrieve the items and resend. 

Message 16 of 90
latest reply

Re: USPS Completely Stalled Causing Major Problems, EBAY Allowing Customers Open Cases Due To USPS

I agree and also the tracking updates are not at all accurate so customers are getting items later than the eta, items saying delivered have not been and items saying no updates have been delivered already. These past few weeks have been nothing short of a shipping and communication travesty.

Message 17 of 90
latest reply

I have shipped over 800 packages this year with USPS Priority Insured Mail, and have had NO PROBLEMS until Nov. 30th.

The Postmaster at my small town USA post office said they were expecting 25 to 30 times the amount of packages of last year-due to virus and purchases online.

They have a large shortage of internal employees, long haul drivers and lack of airlines flights for packages to move from hub to hub. It is starting to mess with  all shipping services.

Message 18 of 90
latest reply

gporpc
Guide

I only use USPS PM and FirstClass package, I am in Oregon, no delays yet ever.

Message 19 of 90
latest reply

I agree buyers should still be allowed to file cases - HOWEVER, they should add a couple of weeks to the ability to do it!

Message 20 of 90
latest reply

I have dropped off packages at the Post Office that were scanned as "accepted" three or four days after I dropped them off.  Although I mailed them within my handling time, I can't prove it.  

Message 21 of 90
latest reply

When you dropped them off, did you not get the USPS receipt? If not-NO proof.

Message 22 of 90
latest reply

I'm having the same issue, especially with a batch of 26 packages that I shipped out on 12/7.  USPS tracking shows the carrier picked the packages up, but no updates after that (except for the one of those that was Priority Mail which got to its destination problem-free). So the 25 first class packages I sent out are all in limbo, most likely at the USPS hub. It's been 12 days now with no updates to the tracking. Getting lots of INR cases. Very, very frustrating, to say the least. 

Message 23 of 90
latest reply

The tracking info is not reflecting the real-time happenings. The entire system is a mess. 

Message 24 of 90
latest reply

I have read about FedEx/UPS coming back later and charging additional costs.  That is why I have not used them.  The prices seemed too good to be true.  I have used USPS exclusively and have stopped any sales until after Christmas.  

I am still waiting for packages to be delivered.   Checking the tracking daily and contacting the buyers.  I do not know what sellers can do to get over this mess?  I do feel sorry for buyers who purchased items for Christmas gifts and these delays have caused issues for them.  

Message 25 of 90
latest reply

I agree with no accountability.  If they had to run USPS like a business, perhaps things would change.  

They should have to refund the Priority Mail fees due to not upholding the expected delivery times.  If they had to start refunding, I bet things would change!

Message 26 of 90
latest reply

"I have packages that are backed almost two weeks going out to buyers, now EBAY is allowing them

to open cases knowing that the US Postal Service is completely broken right now!"

On another site I sell many items that really would not work on ebay. I stopped accepting

orders that require USPS shipping.

On here I still offer USPS but am switching some higher cost items to UPS. I now have my first

USPS package that shows a package picked up scan and no further scans several days later.

I'm not worried, I know ebay is my friend.

Message 27 of 90
latest reply

Fedex and ups has delays too so I am not sure what shipper you are using but sounds like you don’t sell a lot.

Message 28 of 90
latest reply

And ebay quoted me $12 for 2 day shipping with Fedex. Next invoice that shipping cost me $55! How about those discounts?

Message 29 of 90
latest reply

If only customer support was available. My „have us call you” is always out of service!

Message 30 of 90
latest reply