cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Completely Stalled Causing Major Problems, EBAY Allowing Customers Open Cases Due To USPS

I have packages that are backed almost two weeks going out to buyers, now EBAY is allowing them to open cases knowing that the US Postal Service is completely broken right now!

I also have packages that I have been personally been waiting on for almost a month (product)!

This is to much! I am considering stopping sales until this is worked out, or completely dropping the US Postal Service, COMPLETELY! I am paying to much for shipping to begin with, now I am looking at customers possibly putting holds on funds because of this and possibly filing for refunds, then I'm out the product cost and the shipping cost, NO WAY MAN! NO WAY!

Message 1 of 90
latest reply
89 REPLIES 89

Re: USPS Completely Stalled Causing Major Problems, EBAY Allowing Customers Open Cases Due To USPS

I agree, eBay isn’t doing enough. I can’t afford to be giving away $1400 handbags and $700 jackets. 

Message 2 of 90
latest reply

Re: USPS Completely Stalled Causing Major Problems, EBAY Allowing Customers Open Cases Due To USPS

Since eBay has nothing to do with USPS:

what are they to do when the purchaser does not get the item YOU shipped with USPS;

but refund them with your money???

I would advise using a different shipper for the time, or shut down or vacation mode until this gets straight.

Message 3 of 90
latest reply

Same boat, Same Story!!  I ship only by USPS Priority Insured FAIL.  I am waiting on 25 packages to be delivered to buyers & waiting for 20 packages from sellers. 

I have over $4000.00 tied up either way** EBAY need to adjust the estimate delivery dates-NOW**

Message 4 of 90
latest reply

If I bought something from someone who chose to use USPS instead of UPS/fedex to ship it to me (and this always irks me when someone uses USPS to ship something to me) and I haven't received it in weeks I would file for a refund too. It's the seller's responsibility to have the package delivered within the estimated time frame. USPS issues are NOT out of your control, you have the option of not using USPS.

Message 5 of 90
latest reply

UPS and Fed Ex are over double in cost of USPS?  Are you willing to pay more for shipping?  I highly doubt it.

Message 6 of 90
latest reply

If your not a seller, you would not have a clue of what's happening***

Message 7 of 90
latest reply

Found this, should read if effected by this inexcusable lack of accountability by the USPS.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Seller-Protections-extended-for-shipping-delays-and-Nort...

Message 8 of 90
latest reply

Not true! I ship a lot of packages via FedEx and I always check the pricing on eBay before I chose the shipper. 9 out of 10 time FedEx is way cheaper and the packages always get to where they are going. I print my labels using eBay and today on one package going FedEx from Arizona to New York I saved 78% on 2 Day. It was something like 40 cents more than USPS.

Message 9 of 90
latest reply

I stopped my listings a long time ago. INR cases coming in now. Don't forget you can buy some time doing a 10 day hold. Respond to the case, enter tracking number(better have proof you dropped it off) then call eBay and request the 10 day hold on INR case. It's not a total solution but with some luck, maybe the package will arrive.

Message 10 of 90
latest reply

I have gotten so many requests for a refund because of delays! The thing that makes me the maddest is that USPS tracking shows that it left my post office, went to the hub and was apparently never scanned there.  The customer waits until 1 day after the ESTIMATED arrival date and files a claim.  I have been shipping most things FedEx but small items that are shipped in an envelope aren't feasible to use FedEx.  

I think that eBay needs to make a point on every page to the buyers that in these unprecedented times delivery is not guaranteed and that the if the package has been scanned at the seller's post office/UPS store/FedEx store it will be there - maybe not on time but it will be there.

My customers are driving me to drink!! And like several of you I am considering shutting down until after New Years.

Message 11 of 90
latest reply

YOU BETTER CHECK THAT SHIPPING PRICE BEFORE YOU SHIP!!!!  You need to check your monthly invoice from EBAY and see what you are actually paying for that package to ship. That 2nd Day Air price will comeback to haunt you in 30 days.  I did 3 packages 2 months ago with the choice of Fedex 2nd day and it bit me BIG time, like to the tune of over $170.00. Something is wrong in the system with purchasing that type of label.  Good Luck**

Message 12 of 90
latest reply

Really depends on location and package size, sometimes FedeX is the only way to ship.

I have NEVER had an issue with USPS, especially their Priority Mail Service until this past month / month and a half. I've been shipping USPS priority for YEARS, over a decade on Ebay and elsewhere.  I think there is more going on than they saying.

The cost of shipping is sky high to begin with. The problem is there is absolutely no accountability, none what-so-ever! Sure are there some minor delays around the holidays, absolutely! Though 3 weeks for a Priority Mail package to arrive is inexcusable! This is not an exaggeration either.

Will deal find a way to deal with it though, always do.

Message 13 of 90
latest reply

At least around the holidays you should just increase your prices a bit to cover the extra cost of UPS/fedex shipping. Sure, you might get less sales, but it's better than using a service that'll likely have problems and end up causing the buyer grief and the seller money.

At the end of the day the buyer pays for the shipping since they're either charged directly for it or it's built into the cost of the product.

Message 14 of 90
latest reply

USPS rates are most sufficient for the items I sell/ship. When I sell a $12.99 item I simply cannot afford a $10.88 shipping option (and that does not even include the selling fees I am being charged ). So, do I have an option not to use USPS?-Yes. But can I afford not to use USPS?-No.

Message 15 of 90
latest reply