cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS lost my package so how do I report to ebay and buyer

I usually watch tracking on items I've sold to make sure they reach their destination.  A recent package I shipped UPS I got no tracking updates to show they even had package; started making phone calls to see if I could find out where the package was; initially was told it was found and on it's way and they had possession of the item; next update showed on it's way; I notified buyer of issues and information as it occurred; today I got a notice from UPS they had accepted a claim for my lost item....  On the item tracking it says claim and problem delivering, considering lost.

Buyer wants to wait a few more days to see if package shows up.  How should I handle with buyer/ebay to stay compliant?  Never had anything lost before!  Thanks,

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Is this the $675 Watch?

UPS account belongs to Ebay; a 'seller' cannot do a claim for anything shipped with UPS (unless you did it on your own account or took it to a UPS store on your own).  Once confirmed it's lost, buyer will open a return for full refund.

You will need to contact ebay on facebook (best way) and talk to a rep. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

A recent package I shipped UPS I got no tracking updates to show they even had package

How is this possible?  Didn't you get an acceptance scan, or did you just leave it on the counter; as in, a drop off with no scan?  Always get a scan from a live person and a receipt, no exceptions.  If you did get a scan and a receipt, then the UPS has to abide by their insurance policies.   If you just dropped it off without an acceptance scan, then you did not activate the policy from your behalf and have more problems.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

No, not the watch;  this was done thru ebay label; I did take to UPS drop off;  . thanks for advice

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Label was printed thru Ebay; item was dropped at UPS site; first they acknowledge they have package then they say can't find it.  Guess at this point it's up to buyer to cancel.   

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

UPS account belongs to Ebay; a 'seller' cannot do a claim for anything shipped with UPS (unless you did it on your own account or took it to a UPS store on your own).

Yes, sellers can file UPS claims when the label was purchased through eBay's acct @stainlessenginecovers. This is the process.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

UPS very large package with ebay label was stolen after drop off at a UPS store between there and the destination - "Package open and empty when out for delivery"  - I as a Ebay seller with a tracking number UPS will not let me file a claim. State I have to do it with Ebay. Ebay's help is all AI and puts you in a endless loop with no means to file a claim that I can find. Any advise?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Old thread from 2022 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply