cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS IS HELL FOR EBAY SELLERS / BUYERS

Damage Claim is another word for absolute hell for both the Buyer and Seller.

Sold and shipped a 100LB radio, I normally use FedEx for heavier shipments, this one was too heavy, packed the item pretty **bleep** well as the buyer instructed, newspaper around the tubes, packing material on the inside to protect the tubes, everything that needs to be done to protect it.

UPS store - The lady tells me the "This side up" means abosilutely nothing and the packages are usually going to be crushed / desytroyed in shipping (not a good sign) She can't even lift the box (as most wouldn't) but struggles and crushed the sides, dents the corners in while poorly attempting to lift it rather than asking me for help, looking like she deserves pity for lifting it. i get my recpiept and leave, not only did My $250 order with $100 shipping cost over $100 to ship to Las Vegas, from MI, but the store gave me a sure sign of UPS doesnt care about their packages at all.

Item Arrives - Dispite all the packing material and inner packing, the box arrives badly crushed, the tubes are completely destroyed. Luckily the buyer was very calm and had high hopes UPS would pay for the damage, as I expected. ($133 worth of new tubes were purchased by the buyer)

Start Claim - UPS claim is asking for Address info and Tracking Number on EVERY page of the claim, plus at least 5 Reference Numbers that are Nowhere to be found online, on the receipt, I include photos of the damage. Claim takes 1 hour to complete, plus time on the phone to figure out where all these Reference numbers come from.

Claim Results (2 Days later) UPS Has canceled the claim due to not being able to contact the buyer, (What, they couldn't get a hold of the buyer from the 5 times I entered the Address/Email/Phone number? Somebody at UPS isnt even making an attempt to resolve this)

I Re-open the Claim: I have to start the entire process over, this time it only takes half an hour, surely this will resolve the claim?

UPS Email: Our final step of the claim is to have the buyer safely pack the item back up and ship it to a UPS center to be inspected for damage to complete the damage claim, (They already have photos, what more could they need?) Keep in mind, the buyer has already ordered at least $133 worth of replacement parts and has made great progress in restoring the damage caused by UPS, Do you think hes really gonna ship it back up and send it to the people that smashed it all to hell in the first place?

I Call UPS: I Spend half an hour on the phone with UPS, I talk to a person that I am able to reason with, telling them the buyer has already made half the progress in restoring the old radio. The UPS worker tells me they will make a special exception for this, they said they will send a person directly to the buyers house and inspect it on site.

So now its all settled, Right? WRONG

Buyer sends me a message on ebay: Buyer got a call from UPS saying they MUST have the package returned safely to inspect the item for damage, No Exception.

It all ends there, I refunded the buyer from my own Paypal money.

See? after hours of doing everything needed to complete a claim, UPS was unable to get this in their system to send a person to the guys house to inspect the 100LB radio. 5 Hours of my time were completely wasted along with all the packing material, time, and effort put into the Package I sent, I have a 100% success rate of sending well packaged items, you can check my feedback. UPS is the last choice I'd ever make as a shipper, on top of that, my second package shipped though UPS days later Mesasured exactly 20.5"x20.5"x26", I double and triple check my measurements, plus I still have more of the same box so I checked them too.  I had 21"x21"x27" on it, I get an email "UPS Adjustments" They claim my package measured 22x23x27, I was charged $7 extra.

So in short, UPS will not resolve anything, their system is set up to purposely make anyone give up on a claim, I never had a problem with USPS or FedEx, their claims take under 5 days to completely resolve and the process of filing with USPS, FedEx takes less than 10 minutes.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: UPS IS HELL FOR EBAY SELLERS / BUYERS

I am considering the Freight Shipping option for future shipments. Has anyone had any better results with that? I still have a few 100LB radios to ship!
Message 2 of 2
latest reply