cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS Damage Claim Filing

I sold a computer and it was damaged during UPS shipping.  I had the buyer return the computer to me and I refunded him.  I am in the process of filing a damage claim with UPS.   I had purchased additional insurance cover the $200 sale.  

After filing the claim including photos and other documentation on the UPS Claims Portal, I received an email from UPS stating that "Please note that your claim has been approved, and you will receive the paperwork in 1 or 2 business days."  I received the paperwork yesterday.  The paperwork includes a "Damage/Loss Notification" letter asking for documentation on Merchandise Value (which I can provide with the eBay sales Packing Slip) and the shipping record (which I can print from the Paid and Shipped tab).   There is also a Request for Claim Payment form that I can complete with my name and address.  The problem I am running into occurs when I try to log into the Claim Payment Form online at:

https://www.ups.com/claimdocs?loc=en_US

The Claim Number is on my Request for Claim Payment Form.  I cannot determine the UPS Account Number.  I tried my UPS account number, but I receive an error stating it is not the correct account number.  I called UPS customer assistance and was told that I needed to put eBay's UPS Account Number into the form and that I needed to contact eBay for that number.  I contacted eBay and spent 35 minutes with a customer support person.  He was unable to find the account number - contacted other support people and his supervisor.  He did give me a number that he thought might work - but it did not.

Does anyone have experience in completing this form?  How do I get eBay's UPS account number?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: UPS Damage Claim Filing

@pierangler 

Your account number your looking for is a 6 digits series followed after the initial 1Z on a UPS tracking, usually 3 alpha and 3 numerical.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@pierangler 

Your account number your looking for is a 6 digits series followed after the initial 1Z on a UPS tracking, usually 3 alpha and 3 numerical.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you so much.  That solution worked perfectly!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I am having this issue was well.   Here is my tracking number 

1Z14V49E0303787730

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

It worked!! I had the exact same problem....just figured it ou ttoday after reading the above replies.  The form is looking for the 6 digits series followed after the initial 1Z on a UPS tracking number. This worked for me!  Its unfortunate that UPS couldn't tell me that, and I called ebay about 6 times with no resolve.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Wonderful article even i did not know this and I have been here 20 years.  You guys are great.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I recently tried to open a UPS Claim and could never get past the UPS Website Claim Area on line...I was told by UPS "Hello Malcom. If the label was created by eBay, we would suggest contact them so, they can access to their Ups.com account and start the claim process for you. -- Sasha." is anybody familiar with this new process for filing UPS claims through Ebay?  Thanks for any help...

Message 8 of 8
latest reply