cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to send 1st class to Australia.. problems

I used to sell a lot more international than I do now.  I put in global shipping option for almost all items but have been told the cost is outrageous.  I had an Australian buyer ask me how much to ship 2 sewing patterns to her?  It looked like ONE pattern would be under $5,  but 2 would make it over 1/4 inch thick and after searching,  I told her $12.  Then she wanted 3 patterns and I weighed 3,    I told her $12 still.  the weight was 8 ounces.  Then when I pulled the correct pattern the total weight was about 8.1!!  I look up the cost again and it says $20!!  How can an additional ounce be $8 more?    If I shipping each with stamps and shipping individually it would be about $4.50 each. 

It used to be,  when the rates would go up,  I could make up my own chart showing how much to Canada,  Europe etc and where the breaks were...  where the rates would change.  

Any help would be appreciated.  

craftyholly

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Trying to send 1st class to Australia.. problems

How can an additional ounce be $8 more?

8 ounces is a very important threshold with int'l shipments.  Makes a huge difference.  After the 8 ounce threshold and the price jumps up significantly  & anything up to 2 pounds ships for the same price. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

How can an additional ounce be $8 more?

8 ounces is a very important threshold with int'l shipments.  Makes a huge difference.  After the 8 ounce threshold and the price jumps up significantly  & anything up to 2 pounds ships for the same price. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

the prices being quoted to australia sound accurate based on commercial prices for the shipping services you mentioned, however you can make your own very robust shipping table for use in your listings if you disagree with the prices.

the new rate table system is much more robust thatn the older ones.

when logging into your my eBay, you can define multiple rate tables and assign them to your listings.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply