cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking destination changed mid shipment?

Hello everyone!

I bought something from a seller in Indiana and it was send via Priority Mail. Within a few days I noticed that it went through a USPS Distribution Center in Indiana and was on its way to the next stop.  It stayed that way for another week and I contacted the seller. The most generously refunded my payment. Out of the blue, after 4 weeks I got an email from USPS that my item would be delivered the next day. OK, we'll see. Then I got the noticed that it has been delivered "at the mailbox". It was sent to my office in a mid rise bldg that has no mailbox and is staffed all day. No package. I called the local PO and she said that the address with the tracking number was not my address but it was the same zip code. Since the shipping label process is basically automated, I am wondering is there some kind of scam going on here? Any thought s or experiences with this? The lady at the PO said it looked like a scam. Thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

That employee  comes off as a bird brain .  Their  automated  system is a joke  .They still need employees to catch  parcels  sent to wrong  containers  to get them too the correct   ones.  As you can see yours was missed sent .  go to your  PO you use and have run the tracking into their enteral  scan system.   Was the shipping label damaged?     when I ship I cover my labels 'with clear packaging tape .   The USPS  is in bad shape  and has  High rate of missed sent  and missed placed parcel's issues with number of their  sorting centers  that tracking fall's of the radar   that  the sellers have lost INR case's  and will  in crease  if the USPS  doesn't get fixed . 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

"... I am wondering is there some kind of scam going on here?"

@pradikat 

Selfishly, if I'd have gotten a full refund, I'd not give it another thought.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It doesn't sound like a very good scam on the seller's part if they had to just generously refund. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I agree. I didn't mean to infer that the seller was suspected. I am just wondering if there is a weakness in the shipping system (even on the USPS side) for someone to commandier a shipment and if anyone has had a similar experience.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply