cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The item was delivered, buyer opened a case after two months

Hey. I have a problem. I shipped a package and it was delivered to agent (whatever it means), so I left positive feedback and that's all. After one month I got an email from the buyer that she didn't get it because she moved out and wants me to ship it one more time to another state. I said that the tracking number shows that the item was delivered, but if I get it back I will reship it (of course, I never got it back and USPS said that they can't do anything). No answer one month. She opened a case, that she never received an item, because her account was "hacked" and she never ordered it. Really? 

I'm gonna reship the item (because she wants the item) for my cost, so I'm losing twice. I'm pretty sure that after reshiping she will find another reason to dispute an order. 

What can I do? Leave it and get a negative feedback or ship it again? 

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

I wouldn't ship her another one.  It was up to her to have her mail forwarded.  She needs to check with her former building to find the package.  Since your tracking shows delivery, ebay will back you on this case and remove any possible negs.  Hopefully all the messages are on ebay.  You can use them to win your case.  Good luck!

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

She can't open an ebay case after 30 days, but she can try to open one on paypal.
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

She can't open a case on eBay becasue the time has run out, If she files on Paypal simply upload your tracking info that shows it delivered.

I would not resend.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

"I'm gonna reship the item (because she wants the item) for my cost, so I'm losing twice. I'm pretty sure that after reshiping she will find another reason to dispute an order. "

Why would you even consider doing this?  She filed an "Item Not received" case. Just upload the tracking information that indicates that it was delivered to the address given by PayPal.   Both eBay and Paypal should back you on this.  You should not take a loss because your buyer failed to update their  address. This is not your fault.

How can your buyer claim  anything else...certainly  they cannot make a SNAD  claim...as they "supposedly" NEVER received it? EBay will see any further claims as complete **bleep**.  Do not give into this idiocy on the buyer's part.  Stand up for  yourself and for what is right! Do not let this person bully you, especially when they are  totally to blame.

By the way, feedback cannot be left after 60 days. Suggest to your buyer that they update their address.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

And put her on your BBL (blocked buyers list).  You don't want her coming after you again!

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Thanks for all answers!! 🙂 I don't believe in "hacked" account, because she wrote to me that she messed up with an address. But I will resend an item to another address. I'm not a person who fight for $12.00 and I know that "agent" just kept the first package. If I were her I would be upset too, that I paid and someone else got it, because USPS left it with an "agent".

I remember that I had a problem with her shipping because the item was out for delivery and back to the post office, and then it was left with an agent, so it sounds like her account was really hacked and someone else picked up the package.  

I'm too soft 😞 But it's my first open case. 

Thanks again!!!!!  

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

@lovingroger2020 wrote:

Hey. I have a problem. I shipped a package and it was delivered to agent (whatever it means), so I left positive feedback and that's all. After one month I got an email from the buyer that she didn't get it because she moved out and wants me to ship it one more time to another state. I said that the tracking number shows that the item was delivered, but if I get it back I will reship it (of course, I never got it back and USPS said that they can't do anything). No answer one month. She opened a case, that she never received an item, because her account was "hacked" and she never ordered it. Really? 

I'm gonna reship the item (because she wants the item) for my cost, so I'm losing twice. I'm pretty sure that after reshiping she will find another reason to dispute an order. 

What can I do? Leave it and get a negative feedback or ship it again? 

She must have opened the claim in PP as it is too late to open one in Ebay.

Put your tracking number into the claim she filed on PP.  Put a note on the claim that it was delivered on such and such date to the address on the payment notification from PP which was XXXXX.

Wait about a day, then call PP and ask to get the claim closed because the item was delivered.

I've done this and it works for me.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 21
latest reply

@lovingroger2020 wrote:

Thanks for all answers!! 🙂 I don't believe in "hacked" account, because she wrote to me that she messed up with an address. But I will resend an item to another address. I'm not a person who fight for $12.00 and I know that "agent" just kept the first package. If I were her I would be upset too, that I paid and someone else got it, because USPS left it with an "agent".

I remember that I had a problem with her shipping because the item was out for delivery and back to the post office, and then it was left with an agent, so it sounds like her account was really hacked and someone else picked up the package.  

Thanks again!!!!!  

Left with agent is most likely a scan that the carrier would use if the package is left with a building manager or delivered to a forwarding company. Both are legit deliveries. I wonder how many sellers this person scams into sending extra items?

NO WAY would I ship another.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Yes , you are too soft.   What if this was a $500.00 item?    Would you just send another??   By caving into this unwarranted  case, you are only sending a message  to  this  buyer:

'Don't worry , if the item did not get to you, despite the fact that  your address was wrong.. I will just send another. Oh well, no problem".    

Nothing was "hacked" on your buyer's side, they FAILED to update their correct address in PayPal.  They are at fault period.

The right thing to do is to respond to the " Item not Received" PayPal claim with the  tracking and delivery information and get it closed  in your favor. This is such a no-brainer. 

They cannot leave FB past 60 days.  Geez, make these buyers responsible for their own mistakes. Do not acquience to their stupidity!

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

@lovingroger2020 wrote:

Thanks again!!!!!  

There are some buyers that have a  "seller should ALWAYS takes the fall" attitude even if the seller did nothing wrong.    You do not have to reship!   That buyer hoping you will be "soft" and reship a replacement because it wasn't a big purchase.   Do not encourage their behavior/fix THEIR mistake or  they may try the same with other sellers in the future.    I would have replied something like this: 

" Please understand that this purchase is not eligible for a free replacement, because it shipped and was marked as delivered to the address you provided, which by your own admission, you said did not update before purchasing the item.    Should it be returned to me,  I will  issue a refund for the product price less the original shipping cost.  However, if  you would like another item, it will have to be repurchased after you update your shipping address". 

The end. 

Always save all eBay message exchanges from buyers like this,  so that in the event they try to leave you bad FB, you can call eBay to see about getting it removed.    You did everything right here, the buyer is the one who made the mistake.   

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 11 of 21
latest reply

You are all right, but I would like to know what's now she is going to do. I shipped the item and I would like to see is she gonna close the case or find another reason to dispute. I'm gonna block her after all. I can't raport the buyer because we (sellers) make a mistake giving a positive review already after payment, so I did the same, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't her first case and her account was hacked many times. 

Let's see. 

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

You are all right, but I would like to know what's now she is going to do.

I understand why you want to know this, but none of us can tell you that with any accuracy.

I shipped the item and I would like to see is she gonna close the case

She may not.  But if you do as I suggested in my earlier post, it is very likely YOU can get it closed.

or find another reason to dispute.

She doesn't have endless options.  She can't file one claim after another on the same item on PP.  And she is out of time on Ebay, so she can not even open a claim on Ebay at all.

She could admit to receiving it and then maybe changing the claim to a SNAD in PP, but I'm not sure PP would buy that since she is claiming the address was bad and it was her fault it was bad.  Besides the tracking would update that it was forwarded to her wherever she is now.  So it is doubtful this would happen.

I'm gonna block her after all.

Putting her on your BBL is a great idea, it keeps her from purchasing from you again using this specific Ebay ID, however it does nothing to fix your current issue with her.

I can't raport the buyer because we (sellers) make a mistake giving a positive review already after payment,

Sellers are NOT required to leave FB after payment is received.  That is the personal choice of the seller to do that.  It is fine but it is a choice.  The FB system is a voluntary system.  Neither the buyer or the seller has to leave FB.  And sellers across Ebay have a variety of policies set for themselves as to how they handle leaving FB.

Some leave it right after payment is received.

Some leave it after the buyer has left FB for the Seller.

Some leave it after the item has been delivered.

Some leave it after 30 days.

And the list goes on.  There is no right or wrong answer as to when you leave FB as a seller.

Now leaving FB for your buyer is NOT the same thing as Reporting a Buyer.  Those are two completely separate functions on Ebay.  You can report your buyer anytime you want to if you feel they have done something wrong.  When or if you have left FB has nothing to do with it.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/resolving-buyer-issues/reporting-issue-buyer?id=4084

so I did the same, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't her first case and her account was hacked many times. 

I'm not sure why you are still considering this "hacked" excuse.  If I read your concerns correctly she said that the address it was shipped to was wrong first.  It was only after that wasn't getting her anywhere with you that she brought up that she was hacked.  IMHO this is just if one excuse doesn't work, try another.  Of course she wasn't hacked.  She is just trying to make her problem your problem.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

@lovingroger2020 wrote:

You are all right, but I would like to know what's now she is going to do. I shipped the item and I would like to see is she gonna close the case or find another reason to dispute. I'm gonna block her after all. I can't raport the buyer because we (sellers) make a mistake giving a positive review already after payment, so I did the same, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't her first case and her account was hacked many times. 

Let's see. 

Her account WASN'T hacked.  This is not what happens when an account was hacked.  I know, because I had my account hacked once.  You were scammed by an unscrupulous buyer.  Maybe the 'agent' was her sister, boyfriend, friend, etc.  It just means it was given to someone at the delivery site.  Every time someone gives in to buyers like this and doesn't report them, they just go after another seller.  If this was her first time (which I doubt) she now knows how to scam other sellers.

Do not wait for her to close the case---do what the other posters have advised and close it yourself.  She may never close it, and end up getting a refund from you, which would make you out $36.00+, not just the original $12.00.  If you had closed it yourself, you would not be worrying what she is going to do.

Please follow through and BBL her immediately!

Yes, you can report her.  Please do it now!  There is a place on your Seller's Hub page that say "Report Buyer".  Please use it.

You could never have given her anything but a positive feedback.  Ever since 2008, sellers haven't been allowed to give a negative to buyers.  If the original purchase is now past 60 days, she cannot leave feedback.  

You are acting like a victim here, when you have all the keys in your hand to come out the winner in this case.  I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but I am frustrated when other sellers don't use the tools they have to make ebay a safer place for all of us---including other buyers.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

@lovingroger2020 wrote:

You are all right, but I would like to know what's now she is going to do. I shipped the item 

She will now continue to strong arm other sellers into getting free stuff plus a refund.

Thanks.

Thanks a whole bunch unamused

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 15 of 21
latest reply