cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Situation with Shipping, Please Offer Suggestions

I sell pennies for a 0.01 cent auction price, and a 2.77 dollar shipping price. 

Someone bid on two of my items, and I informed them that I do not offer combined shipping on my auctions, as someone could buy my entire eBay store for about a dollar.

They did not respond, and, instead, they literally bid on all 30 of my auctions. I need to figure out how the heck I am going to ship all of these together and still use the same shipping price.

I'm planning on shipping out about five pennies per envelope, but I have to keep the shipping the same price, and I did tell them that I don't offer combined shipping before they went on their shopping spree. Is this okay!? Will they get mad!?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Strange Situation with Shipping, Please Offer Suggestions

You do not state (On each listing) that you do not combine shipping which i would add to all of your listings.  It's better to document well than have any mis understandings. Even if you sent them a message before they purchased others, make sure they confirm with you (Message) they understand. 

I would send another message if they did not confirm they understood.  If they do not respond and you have more than 12 hours left on your auction, i would than cancel the listings and make the changes to all of them. 

That being said, if they are ok with it (no combine shipping), i would not ship them together (combined) but rather ship them separately as you stated you would. 

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

@phenomenal_sells 

Bless your heart. You've been posting about this issue for days. If the buyers don't pay what you ask, cancel the orders citing 'Buyer didn't pay'. Done. 🙄

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

No, this is a different issue. They bought the things, and paid, but I'm not sure that they know that I can't combine shipping.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Yes, should it go through you must ship each one on its own. 

If I may ask, are you making much of anything with this approach? Between the ebay fees and the 30 cents per sale Managed Payments fee?

Oh, and if you cancel the sales be sure to block him.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Yes, I'm making about 1.27 per sale with this, which is about a 45 dollar profit margin for what I paid. 300% return. Thank you!

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@phenomenal_sells wrote:

No, this is a different issue. They bought the things, and paid, but I'm not sure that they know that I can't combine shipping.

@phenomenal_sells 

If they've paid... then 'combined shipping' is behind you. Ship the items as you normally would. Good luck.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Personally I think if you don’t combine shipping you should ship each one separately. 

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@phenomenal_sells wrote:

So you don’t combine shipping but your going to combine them so you make more money?  How would you feel about that if you were the buyer? 30 negative feedback could be interesting. 

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Glad to hear it!

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Why not start all of your auctions at $2.77 with free shipping?  That way you won't have this issue.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I underprice it to get more views and add the shipping price so that things even out.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

A lot less views. I've done that. My eBay exploded when I had it like this.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

DUDE - do you ever read your other posts??

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Precisely. From a buyer's perspective they will not be happy to be blindsided by a $83 shipping charge to receive 30 cents ( face value of item).

this is the exact scenario I tried to warn about. HERE IT IS.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply