cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something weird happened

And I’m still trying to figure it out. Ok. I got three sales between Thursday night and Friday afternoon. I was at my lake house so I had to come home early to make sure they were at the PO Saturday. Got home got all three packed and ready. Dropped them off at the PO about 1:15pm Saturday afternoon. I dropped them in the drop box as the inside was closed. 

Later that evening I just checked the tracking for the heck of it. All three had left my PO and were in Houston.  Later Saturday night they were “in route to destination”. Ok. That’s fine. But one shows delivered to front porch today the 23rd. That’s impossible isn’t it ? I mean what town delivers mail on Sunday? And it was FC not priority. Please explain as this is just weird. The other two are still in route. 

Robin

RRR
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Something weird happened

Sorry guys. Blonde moment. Today is Monday. Just disregard the post. SMH

RRR
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Mail still moves through the sorting centers on Sunday. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

FYI, USPS does sometimes deliver mail on Sundays. They have a contract with Amazon to deliver their stuff, and sometimes they'l take regular USPS packages along with them for delivery.

Also, there was no need to mail on Saturday, since eBay doesn't consider that to be a business day.  You might as well have mailed on Monday.  If you have 1-day handling, then an item paid-for on Friday has to be mailed on Monday, and an item paid-for on Thursday has to be mailed on Friday, so that one would have been already late whether mailed on Saturday or on Monday.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

When im out of town i change it to 3 days. But i am very picky about my shipping. I almost always ship same day or if its at night i ship next morning.  It’s more of me being a type A personality. LOL 

Robin

RRR
Message 5 of 5
latest reply