cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping with ESUS international

Hello,

I shipped an item with tracking info https://www.trackmyshipment.co/shipment-tracking/ESUS143650300

The buyer is stating they haven't received it. I'm not understanding what consignment billed means. The buyer is also stating they haven't received anything and don't know where to pick it up? 

So they opened a return and put item defective but they haven't even picked up the item.

Any help would be appreciated! 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Shipping with ESUS international

It means the carrier is waiting for the buyer to pay import fees.

Since they opened a false not as described claim, I would first report the buyer for abusing the MBG. https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/resolving-buyer-issues/reporting-issue-buyer?id=4084

After that, contact eBay CS on social media. Send a DM to askebay on twitter or ebayforbusiness on facebook.

Let them know the package is in Scotland waiting for the buyer to pay import fees and send them the tracking link. Tell them the buyer opened a false SNAD claim as the buyer didn't even receive the item yet. They should be able to help with seller protections.

This is one of those situations where it's not as straightforward as following steps X, Y, Z. You should get CS involved.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I presume that the purchase was made on ebay, thus the buyer had to pay VAT tax and/or other duties (depending on whether the purchase amount was above the threshold) at the time of purchase. So why and who is asking to pay the tax? Also, whoever wants the buyer to pay, should leave them a note explaining the charges.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I think that they buyer used 'not as described' out of desperation. Right now, the ball is in his court, based on the tracking. He is supposed to pick up the item and pay. However, the UK shipper has failed in their duties to properly inform the buyer about the essence of the charges and the place of the pickup. Moreover, if the buyer purchased the item on ebay (which I presume he did), he was charged VAT tax and appropriate duties (if applicable) at the time of purchase. So he is NOT supposed to be charged for anything extra.

If the electronic customs form, for which the seller is responsible, does not contain all necessary information, if is the responsibility of the seller to remedy the situation.

Another likely scenario is, that you may have provided an incorrect harmonization number or omitted ebay's IOSS number, which then required manual processing of the package by the customs. In UK, there is a charge for such processing, (8-10 GBP), it may be, that this is what the buyer is asked to pay.

The bottom line is he paid the taxes, should not pay anything else. It's the seller's duty to provide all the info to the customs, so the package can be cleared electronically, without a need for manual handling.

Also, I would not rush to "report" the buyer, he may say he made a mistake. The tracking does NOT show that the item was delivered so in reality, the ball is still in your court.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@martin2001 wrote:

Moreover, if the buyer purchased the item on ebay (which I presume he did), he was charged VAT tax and appropriate duties (if applicable) at the time of purchase. So he is NOT supposed to be charged for anything extra.

The tracking does NOT show that the item was delivered so in reality, the ball is still in your court.

Buyer would have been charged VAT at time of purchase, but not import/customs fees. This is entirely in the buyer's court to pay the fees so their package can be released.

Remember, buyer filed a false claim saying the item was defective. They didn't file a non-receipt claim. Seems like they're working the system because they wouldn't win an INR. That's abuse of the MBG and should definitely be reported.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Which service did you send it by. eBay International shipping or eBay International Standard shipping. Either way the customs form would have been filled out at the Consolidation center in IL. It sounds like possibly VAT wasn't paid when the purchase was made and now customs is holding the package until the payment is received.

Definitely contact eBay as it sounds like the customer is waiting to pick up the package hoping to be refunded before picking up.

There have been reports of Customs forms not being filled out correctly by the Consolidation center, causing buyers and sellers problems.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@martin2001 wrote:

If the electronic customs form for which the seller is responsible, does not contain all necessary information, if is the responsibility of the seller to remedy the situation.

Also, this was an eBay International Standard Delivery shipment which means the seller played zero role in filling out the customs form. The EISD hub filled out the form. But that really doesn't matter since this is an issue of buyer not paying customs fees owed then filing a false claim to try and force a refund.

It's a classic scam - buyer files claim, gets refund, then goes and pays customs fees and gets their package for next to nothing. If it was an honest mistake, buyer would have more likely filed a non-receipt claim, not a defective item claim.

GLORIOUS!

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@steady2304 wrote:

It sounds like possibly VAT wasn't paid when the purchase was made and now customs is holding the package until the payment is received.

As @wastingtime101 points out, VAT would have been charged at Checkout because that's how things are done with UK buyers.  The charge is more likely duty and processing fees, although there is the possibility of VAT being charged again if there's no electronic record of a VAT payment on UK Customs' end.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@steady2304 wrote:

Which service did you send it by. eBay International shipping or eBay International Standard shipping.

Per the discussion title, it's an ESUS shipment which means eBay International Standard Delivery.

If the tracking was EEUS then it would be an eBay International Shipping shipment.

GLORIOUS!

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@marnotom! @wastingtime101 I had a repeat buyer from the UK purchase from me and I used eBay International Standard Delivery to ship it to him and the same thing happened. Buyer received a notice of Customs, Duties or Taxes owed. When the buyer contacted me I looked at the order detail page and it showed that no VAT had been collected on the sale for some reason. I had the buyer check on his end and he saw the same. Just because eBay is supposed to collect the VAT doesn't mean it always happens.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

How long ago did this happen, @steady2304?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

May of 2022....

Message 12 of 12
latest reply