cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping to UK

Hello,

I shipped an order to the UK about 3 weeks ago and the buyer just messaged me that he received a notice I have received a letter from  Parcelforce saying they have got the parcel but I need to pay an additional payment of £130.

Ebay collected the VAT upfront and all that information should have been on the label when I shipped it out. I shipped it through the Ebay international program, so I'm not sure why he is being charged?

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Shipping to UK

OK so that did not ship with the new EIS (eBay International Shipping).

It shipped with EISD (eBay International Standard Delivery) which is a service that'll be gone by July 1st.

Still comes down to this: buyer is responsible for import duties and fees that may be assessed by the carrier.

If the buyer doesn't want to pay those fees and refuses the package, they also void their MBG coverage.

If the buyer is sure those fees are for VAT and not import/courier fees, they can show proof to eBay CS of paying VAT twice (once through eBay and once to their local customs office) with copies of their receipts. eBay will refund them VAT through eBay if they were forced to pay it again. But I doubt the charges are VAT. More likely it's import fees / carrier fees.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Shipping to UK

Hey @stephatx05 was it shipped with eBay International Standard Delivery (tracking number begins with ESUS) or was it shipped with the new eBay International Shipping (tracking number begins with EEUS)?

Are you sure the £130 is VAT and not a separate customs fee?

The new program EIS is currently set up as Duties Delivered Unpaid which means the buyer may be assessed additional delivery (import) fees by the carrier. eBay's working on giving buyers the option of Duties Delivered Paid at checkout, but they haven't rolled it out yet.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Shipping to UK

Hard to give you an insight when you do not provide any information. What was the purchase price? Shipping? On the package slip, did ebay say that VAT collected? What was the exact harmonization number for the product? Here is a UK import duty calculator. VAT is generally around 20% so in order for  this to be VAT tax it would have to be quite an expensive order.

Ask the buyer what is the extra fee for. I don't use any of ebay's int'l program, but doesn't ebay promise to take care of every problem if you deliver the package to their distribution center?

https://wise.com/gb/import-duty/calculator

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Shipping to UK

Hi! 

here is the info from the order.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/145071064815?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=bVu1dlIFRgm&sss...

and it was shipped EBay international. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Shipping to UK

OK so that did not ship with the new EIS (eBay International Shipping).

It shipped with EISD (eBay International Standard Delivery) which is a service that'll be gone by July 1st.

Still comes down to this: buyer is responsible for import duties and fees that may be assessed by the carrier.

If the buyer doesn't want to pay those fees and refuses the package, they also void their MBG coverage.

If the buyer is sure those fees are for VAT and not import/courier fees, they can show proof to eBay CS of paying VAT twice (once through eBay and once to their local customs office) with copies of their receipts. eBay will refund them VAT through eBay if they were forced to pay it again. But I doubt the charges are VAT. More likely it's import fees / carrier fees.

GLORIOUS!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply