cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping to Germany not excluded, but Germany not listed in "Ships to:" countries?

I have two books listed, and they should be more-or-less identical, but a customer in Germany asks that I ship both to him... but Germany is not listed as a destination for one book.

One book DOES allow Germany:

>Gabon Republic, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece

For the other book:

>Gabon Republic, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guatemala

Not sure why one lists Greece and the other does not. But I have not specifically banned ANY countries as destinations under either listing. How do I fix this?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Shipping to Germany not excluded, but Germany not listed in "Ships to:" countries?

The first question that comes to mind is what are the titles AND SUBJECTS of the two books.

For example, I have 2 chess sets featuring World War 2. One is U S vs Japan with the king being the Emperor. The other is U S vs Germany with the king being Hitler. One I can ship to Germany, the other I can not.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Re: Shipping to Germany not excluded, but Germany not listed in "Ships to:" countries?

They're on growing plants. Pretty much the same subject.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Same here....it is not title or keyword.  I have all required Germany packaging licenses, etc.

BIG problem and CS has no idea what you are talking about if you want to try that route.

I posted a response on another thread on this topic....largest country in Europe now off-limits.

Sold and shipped items to Germany for over 25 years....ZERO issues.

New EIS shipping program is introducted and now this....definitely related.  Problem is finding someone who actually want to research and fix the issue.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I'm also affected by this problem.

Is there already a solution?

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Since those sellers are in the US and you are in Germany, I would be surprised if the problems are identical.  Are you listing on the this site (.com)  or on the .de site?  If is on this site, what problem are you having? We might be able to help.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Ebay.com or ebay.de does not matter: both platforms are denying my bids.

I already spoke with ebay customer support: the man was surprised about the effect but could not offer a solution.

I've seen two versions of USA auctions:

The one (like my wanted auction) displays a long list of allowed countries and a second list of excluded countries. Germany is never in any list. Buying in Germany is not possible.

Examples: 395250777963, 296108803958

One displays "worldwide shipping" and a short list of excluded countries. Buying in Germany is possible.

Example: 364700445882.

Where in the action definition can these two versions be specified?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Are you able to help?

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Any solution to this issue with Germany not showing up in list of countries? 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

In the listing where the seller specified  'worldwide'  the seller has chosen to ship to Germany and many other countries by shipping there directly. They are not going through eBay. 

The first two screenshots appear to be listing that are using eBay International Shipping (EIS) to ship outside of the US.  EIS often restricts shipping certain items to specific countries based on import regulations, size, weight etc.  In some cases there doesn't seem to be a logical reason for not shipping to that country but if eBay has decided that EIS isn't being used, there is no way to change that.   When they are excluding a country in a listing, you won't see that country in the list of exclusions but you also won't see a shipping cost to that country.  

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I begin to understand the problem: it seems to depend on the kind of seller and the kind of offered item.

If the seller is a company outside EU, the seller needs to pay to a central institution in Germany for recycling of his package box. Private sellers probably don't need it.

If the offered item is electronics, the seller additionally needs to pay to an institution in Germany for future recycling of his item.

It seems companies which have not signed such contracts, cannot sell to Germany. Likely these limitations are also valid outside Ebay.

Can anybody confirm this?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

That may be part of the problem.  I’m not familiar with sellers having to pay extra to sell electronics to Germany but I know that sellers who sell there are supposed to buy some sort of license regarding packaging recycling.   Sellers who  shipped directly there in the past may not do so now because of the new recycling fee.   Now that eBay gas the EIS program, they look after those fees so  many sellers use that the ship overseas.  As I mentioned earlier,  EIS will not ship some items to specific countries. The reasons for that are varied.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply