cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping to Canada

A potential buyer told me, " you can track the package using the same tracking number from USPS 1st class Intl on Canadapost.ca once it clears customs - right to my door!"

Has anyone done this? Success rate?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Shipping to Canada

Some years back, I used to buy medications from Canada, and was able to track into this country "right to my door".  It worked every time.  I would assume the reverse was true back then.  In today's world, I don't know that I'd hazard a guess. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Shipping to Canada

My experience shows that yes you can track with First Class International to Canada.  The problem is that eBay will not use this tracking number for proof of delivery.  If you buyer opens a claim for item not received then you will lose the case because you do not have a valid tracking number.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Shipping to Canada

that is not correct

if you ship using ebay shipping and the USPS you are good to go with tracking 

Canada is a member of the EDELCON program and the tracking is excellent and is always going to win an INR

lots of countries in Europe are in the program

ESUS tracking is not as good as edelcon tracking and its slower

esus tracking is used with the EISD program and its not worth the savings if you ask me

@mnmkoter 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Shipping to Canada

The number looks a lot different than a domestic tracking number, but it's one number and can be scanned by both USPS and Canada Post. It's probably obvious, but shipping to Canada is a good and easy start to shipping internationally. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Shipping to Canada

@barbie*ville wrote:

A potential buyer told me, " you can track the package using the same tracking number from USPS 1st class Intl on Canadapost.ca once it clears customs - right to my door!"

Yes, that's accurate @barbie*ville. The package can be tracked on either USPS.com or on CanadaPost.ca or on numerous other tracking sites. USPS FCPI service offers door-to-door tracking for Canada. More info about USPS First Class Package International and EDELCON (link).

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Shipping to Canada

As a Canadian, I can confirm.

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 7 of 7
latest reply