cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping time

I was thinking of Ebay as a replacement for Amazon but from what I see everything seems to take 2 weeks to get to me, There is a seller thats 80 miles from me and it will still take 2 weeks to arrive! Well it was worth a shot I will keep looking for a replacement

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Shipping time

Your not going to find anyone that will beat Amazon for delivery speed. Only thing I buy on eBay are used parts, disconnected items, and coins. The prime membership pays for itself very quickly.

Shipping time

You are comparing apples to oranges.

Amazon has huge warehouses all over the place.  There are at least three in my state.

Amazon has its own delivery service in addition to sometimes contracting with the USPS for Sunday delivery.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Shipping time

@rontay_5940 

Part of the 'fun' of buying on eBay is Cavet Emptor.  You need to do a lot of looking at listings to see what suits your desires.  So that might mean checking  the estimated delivery times and/or shipping methods especially if the time to receive things are important to you.

While buying on line might be 'convenient' Amazon has it figured out so it is profitable to them.  I was on a prime trial once and noticed that when I looked at item while logged into Prime, the price of many items was about 5% greater than if I looked at the same item in another browser where I wasn't logged in.  So for $100+ a year I get free "fast shipping" and the right to pay a small premium?

So buying on eBay is an option, and a place where one can save money, they just have to work a bit harder to find the deal or the situation what works for them.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply