cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping options - EU Seller

Hey there,

I m an old and kinda on/off buyer/seller so I m often out of the loop on stuff.

Anyway, I have been trying to make a bunch of listings, and I remember there was a free shipping option you could select that d gray out everything else and you d be done (I always offer free shipping since I kinda live in the middle of nowhere and there is only a local old school carrier available so it's the most convenient option). Is that option gone? I also pretty much only see USPS, fedex and generally US carriers available to select. How us EU people make listings basically? 

Is there basically some reason the whole experience is not a bit tailored based on your registered location? (Currency/available carriers for example).

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Shipping options - EU Seller

I don't know the answer but my guess would be (assuming there is no specific ebay greek site) to use one of the shipping options that says, for example Standard International Shipping. Of course, you will be using Greek postal service so whatever the cost is, convert that amount to US$.

I don't think you should use free shipping for selling abroad. For domestic buyers, postage will be less, and the type of shipping I would select would be Standard shipping (the idea is to pick a shipping type that is not carrier specific.)

WHat you can also do is to search ebay for sellers in greece (using advanced search, item located in Greece), perhaps you can figure something out from their listings.

Bear in mind, that in order to sell abroad (incl EU) you will need an accurate commodity number (usually 10 digits), aka harmonization number or a TARIC number. Customs offices are getting very strict about it.

e.g.

https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/dds2/taric/taric_consultation.jsp?Lang=en&Expand=true&SimDate=...

Message 2 of 2
latest reply